• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Underwater Trees

our tanks are not actually natural in a matter of speaking,
I think most tanks are to nature what ornamental gardens are to nature. Plants wouldn't be shaped and sculpted in the wild. The tanks are more a showcase for plants.

I'm not a big fan of tree looking scapes just because I don't like to see fish 'flying' so to say and because of that it does not look natural in terms of sight. I fully acknowledge the fact that everything within the enclosed environment of our tanks are not natural, like we cannot create the flow, not use filtration etc. But when I look at scapes with livestock swimming around trees and above them I'll be like o_O.

However, there is no denial that there are a range of possibilities with these scapes, and in my opinion if there are no livestock present I will feel much better about the scape. So basically with livestock present in these scapes I myself do not feel like the scape looks natural to the eye unlike say dutch styles.

Then again beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Who initially said a tank has to look "natural"?? Honestly guys ;allmost ALL tanks are artistic, in some way......even most of the socalled "biotope" ones. Simply because we want them to "look good" (Mother Nature has no such ambition - beauty is defined by humans)
Personally I don't mind pink gravel and Disney ornaments (but I still don't LIKE it !!), as long as the fundamental biology in the tank works!!
- basically you just can't discuss taste ( or lack of it )...........;)

Back