• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Resolved! Unable to edit Facebook link

UrbanDryad

Hello!
I'm trying to edit my profile to include a link to my Facebook. Adding it to my signature worked just fine, but in the "Identities" section of my profile, every time I try to paste the URL ( Urban Dryad ) it just saves it as "urban.dryad.uk" without the rest of the web address. I was also able to add my instagram link in the Identities section without problem. So, I'm rather mystified - any idea what's happening or how to fix it?

It's working the way it has been designed to work! For Twitter and Facebook it will cut the URL just to the nickname, and for Insta it will ask for the full URL!

It's working the way it has been designed to work! For Twitter and Facebook it will cut the URL just to the nickname, and for Insta it will ask for the full URL!
Oh I see! What is the thinking behind it working differently for Instagram?

To be honest no idea, as I don't write the forum software 🙄😉

I will take a look when I have some spare time and see if that can be changed

That's very kind of you :) Definitely not a massive deal, just idle curiosity (and relief that I haven't somehow broken something!)

Back