• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

UKAPS Trip to Holland - Vivarium 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude! That's a proper treck! Respect if you do, wouldn't judge you if you didn't though :lol:

I'll be in the lake district doing an ecological study. I am a ball of walking jealousy at those going.

Tony Swinney said:
I have to say I'm quite jealous guys - wish I was joining you, but I'll be at the VolksWorld2011 show at Sandown all weekend. I need one or the other to change their dates for next year !!

Have a great time - I'lm sure you'll do ukaps proud, and I'll see you for the next trip with Mr Amano in October ;)

Tony

Whats this trip then, Mr Amano coming over is he ??

john.

Hmn. Just had a pretty bad fall on my bike on the way to work this morning. Might throw my Holland plans into jeopardy... I'll see how I feel after A&E (banged my head and knackered my leg). I'm fine, but going to A&E as a precaution due to the bang on the head :)

SteveUK said:
Naturally, I took a few photos ;)

Ouch.

It's possible to minimise getting hurt if you feel the bike slipping, or can see a collision or danger coming up, but when a bit of your bike snaps it just gets you out of the blue (I am wincing at various memories now... snapped stem, brake cables, even a buckled frame).

That looks really sore.. :(

The cut on the leg should be ok, you didn't break it, but the knock on the head can be an issue, especially as are going to fly and the air pressure can make things worse.

Weren't you wearing an helmet?

Blimey SteveO, I hope you're ok?!

I've taken a few bangs to the head recently, getting run over isn't fun, but I was wearing a helmet!!! Going away and removing yourself from the usual pressures of work and home may actually do you good. And a bit of time off the saddle will certainly help!

Hope it goes OK in A&E, let us know how you get on pal.

Sitting at an nhs walk in centre. just been assessed and given paraceromol before being seen by a doc.

Hopefully I'll still be good, but I think it depends on my leg. pretty hard to move about on it right now.

a1Matt said:
Dan - Is there room on the minibus for a pair of crutches?
There's room for crutches and we have plenty of carriers, like Matt, Sam, Mark, John, well, pretty much everyone except "little Dan no guns" :lol:

Been home for a while, all is pretty much fine. Just got to chew on Paracetamol and Ibuprofen for the next few days and rest up a bit.

Dan/John... I'll let you know in the morning what I'm doing. Fingers crossed I haven't seized up over night!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back