• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

tying moss

plantnoob

if i wanted a branch of redmoor to be completely covered 360 degrees in moss do i need to tie it to the underside as well or just the top ?

would there be enough light on the undersides to support the moss??? I'm new too so I don't know

Hi,
Just wrap it, it'll then grow where it wants, perhaps outwards, perhaps all over. There may be a slither that it won't grow on, but moss will surprise you how little light it needs :)
Here's some of mine in desperate need of a trim and not the healthiest specimens you'll ever see but it'll give you an idea....much depends on the angle of your wood and moss species used as to whether it will grow right round. Uprights tend to get coverage but horizontal will most likely have a bare bum ;) those mosses which attach such as taxiphyllum Barbieri will tend to get better coverage also, Christmas, weeping etc hang which gives the impression of full coverage on horizontal wood.

atapymar.jpg

a4e6yja8.jpg

ysu3ezeh.jpg

Cheerio,
Ady.

cheers ady/iain . probably looking at plain ol' java moss .

Back