• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Two plant I.d's

Anthony89

I hope somone could help me with these 2 plants. First, I bought from a forum member. It originally had reddish tips. But as its grown its all green growth. How could I get the reddish growth back.
20131030_193600.jpg

Next is a bulb plant. Which has reached the surface and id like to trim it back.
20131030_193825.jpg
. Thanks.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

First is Limnophila or maybe Pogostemon........most likely Limnophila. Can't really tell the specifik species, sorry.
To get the red tips back, you probaply need to balance light, ferts and CO2........in other words; create optimal conditions.
Some plants, though, will get red tips from being over-exposed to light.

Second is Nymphea.......could be the N. zenkerii (uncountable variations of that species), but doesn't really look like it.
Unfortunately also look like one, that wants to go to the surface fast !!! Try to remove most of the leaves (Especialy the floating ones) at the base, and see if it'll grow leaves, that stay under the surface........nothing promised, though !!

Mick.

Back