• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Twisted leaf Growth on Alternanthera reineckii 'Mini pics & VDO !! HELP

kingdamm

Seedling
Hi Friends,

My four feeter planted aquarium is about 100 days old with ADA Amazonia substrate with Powersand still had no success in maintaining healthy Aquarium. This time the problem is Alternanthera reineckii 'Mini. On initial planting they stay pretty good for about a week.,Later on leaves turn Grey/blacking in color looked like burned & twisted leaves.. Thought of poor circulation with my Dophin C1300 canister.. changed to Ehiem 2217 circulation is doing well..

Had tried Naesea sp Golden Pedicillata.. the same issue came... plucked them off too..

Water Parameters

Weekly 50 % Wc
PH - 6.2 on injection of Co2
GH - 9 ( using Tom Barr GH Booster)
KH - 3

KoDfJaG.jpg

Dosing on EI based on James planted Tank
===============================

Nitrate : 20-30 ppm
Phosphate : Iam dosing a bit more than 2ppm ..About to overcome Green spot Algae on glass.

Micro Nutrients: CSM+B + Chelated Iron + Fe Gluconate @ 3:1:1 Ratio (Alternate Day Dosing

Using Seachem Matrix

Filtration : Canister Ehiem 2217 1000L/hr Circulation on Spray Bar + Hang on Filter 1100L/hr

Lighting : Led 100w 7000k Photo period : 8hrs

Iam upping the pics of them.Kindly guide me..

Thanks..

I'm going to say CO2, as you don't mention a specific ppm value, you seem to be going by pH. You need a drop checker, see this article :).

1000w LED sounds like very bright lighting, but I have no idea if this is appropriate lighting for your size of tank, or if your circulation is good, as you don't mention your tanks dimensions or volume?

Your best bet is to reduce the light (raise the unit higher, or use something to diffuse it if you have no controller), and probably increase CO2 - but I'd wait until you get a drop checker before doing the latter.

So that works out as a 270l tank, but only 2100lph turnover. This means that poor circulation could very well be a contributing factor as to why your plants aren't able to get enough CO2 for the light intensity provided.

The recommended minimum rated turnover rate for a high-tech tank is 10x the tanks volume per hour, many do use much more than this (I have 26x in my 80L). Many also get away with far, far less turnover, but this would give you less margin for error.

I would recommend adding something like a Koralia Evolution 3200 - 3200lph sounds like a lot, but these modern circulation pumps (or wavemakers) produce a much wider, evenly spread flow compared to the laminar flow from regular pumps and filters. I have a Koralia Nano 1600 in my 80L and could probably do with more flow in places, so don't worry about it being too much!

If you have other pumps lying around unused though, you should add them in the meantime.

What manufacturer/model is your 100W led light? ( I presume 1000w was a typo ;) )

I'd also say that c02 isn't reaching these plants. I'm not sure how long they've been planted, but the bottom of the stem either looks like emersed growth or it's not getting c02, this is the biggest giveaway.

Back