• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Twinstar Nano

Are you saying Chihiros is better than Twinstar Nano at a seventh of the price?

Equivalent possibly pending some hard evidence to the contrary.

Any value in using these when not injecting CO2?

Yeah for sure, there's quite an extensive thread on it. Probably no need to read it all but towards the end of it people became a lot clearer about what was going on and the benefits. Oxygen and co2 are totally unrelated and both benefit in different ways for different reasons. O2 in general is a really good thing to have plenty of in any tank even without plants just luckily healthy plants produce quite a lot as well.

Electrocoagulation.

Electrocoagulation in Waste Water Treatment.
http://www.mdpi.com/2073-4441/3/2/495/pdf

The electronic controller it comes with is likely doing high speed current switching between the electrodes, making it Pulse Electrocoagulation.

Pulse Electrocoagulation Applied on Dyeing Wastewater Decoloration Treatment.
http://download.atlantis-press.com/php/download_paper.php?id=25858760

I read somewhere else but can't find the link that fast pulsing the current causes the nano bubbles of hydrogen and oxygen forming on the same electrode to recombine back into water, which would explain why Twinstar says that it is one of the byproducts produced.

I made my own using the stainless mesh you get with some mosses, not pulse modulated though, it's on a timer running during the dark period, ten periods of 6mins each, giving 60mins of total treatment overnight, Java fern pearls at lights on so the water column is fully oxygen saturated.

The box and packing and instructions was far superior on the Twinstar. The instructions on the chihiros was in Chinese or didn't get any. The Twinstar is easier to use whilst turning the chihiros on and setting on the setting can be a bit hit and miss and restarted needed whilst I got the hang of it.
For micro bubbles the chihiros does more.
The chihiros replacement mesh works on the Twinstar fine also.

Back