• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Twin star prism rainbows 🌈

Bigsilky

Hi folks,

Anyone have experience with twin star s v4 range of lights?

My 450s casts off very intense rainbow prisms all over the living room, which does my mrs head in…

I’m guessing it’s the light hitting the rim of the tank. Would hanging it and adding some distance from the tank stop the intense prisms?

Cheers 🍻

Attachments

• IMG_3058.jpeg
    IMG_3058.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 120
Last edited:
It looks very cool. I always think of it as an added bonus. Sorry doesn't help your wife's head though.
Is it possible to move the tank to a place where the prism effect will be less distracting?

Try either swapping the clear plastic light lens for an opaque piece of plastic to act as a diffusor, or try adding some tape (masking tape perhaps) to the top rim of the glass?

Could try some shades (not sunglasses).
How would that work? What would you use?

It looks very cool. I always think of it as an added bonus. Sorry doesn't help your wife's head though.
Is it possible to move the tank to a place where the prism effect will be less distracting?
Yeah I don’t mind it, but she’s ADHD and I think it’s a sensory overload issue. Or alternatively it’s just a PITA issue 😂. I think she just needs to get used to it.

Try either swapping the clear plastic light lens for an opaque piece of plastic to act as a diffusor, or try adding some tape (masking tape perhaps) to the top rim of the glass?
Hmmmmm, masking tape might look a bit ugly but something else could work to diffuse it. I’ll have a think. Cheers

Have you considered asking your wife to sit in a different room?
All the time mate trust me😩😂😂😂💪

How would that work? What would you use?

Or try seeing if eBay. Or some other brand have a suitable fit.

Or try seeing if eBay. Or some other brand have a suitable fit.
Cool, now I just need to find someone who’s into 3d printing 💪💪😂

I wonder how these diy efforts affect the heat sinc

Back