• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Trimming!

Wallis97

I have some plants I want to trim - some spiky moss (which is growing like mad straight upwards) - anyone know a way to make it grow outwards and along the branches of my red moor root?
Also, some bacopa caroliniana - do I just cut the tops off and replant?
And finally, a tall stem plant at the back of the tank - do I just do the same for that?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk - when it hasn't crashed, and I'm too lazy to actually use the internet...

Hi Wallis,
Stem plants stay nicer if you carefully lift the whole plant, cut off and discard the roots leaving the top the length you want and replant.
You can just trim off the tops in the tank and the part left will sprout again, but that way the plant may soon get woody looking.
As for the moss I would just wade into it and give it a good haircut! You could if you like tie the longer strands along the root but unless you can easily lift out the root to do it it might be fiddly.

Just one point. If you are lifting plants from your substrate it is always advisable to do a good water change once you have finished replanting. Algae loves you to disturb the bottom but a WC keeps it in check.:thumbup:

Harry.

Back