• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Trigon 190-Learning curve

Re: My first planted tank Trigon 190 corner

Awesome, well then I can't wait to see what it look's like in a few week's! :D

Re: My first planted tank Trigon 190 corner

New pics!!

DSC_0379-1.jpg

My female BN chilling

DSC_0317.jpg

After a nice discussion on these here forums and playing about with my CO2 and flow i`ve seen a few of my plants pearling now:

DSC_0392.jpg

I`ve added some crypts behind the wood on the far right, but predictably all the old growth melted within days and the new is only a few inches high so they arn`t visable yet:( small amount of hygro on the left aswell, not sure about the placement yet but will wait and see how it grows (the last stems i tried ended up growing really leggy and looked a mess so they got binned).

Long time without posting due to a promotion at work which ended up with me working a lot of long days to brute force my way thru to make up for my lack of experiance in my new role , subsequently hobbies took a back burner, with me getting my hands burned with the tank due to the co2 running out at the beggining of dec and me not noticing for about 2 weeks !, please welcome to stage BBA :oops:
Then to make matters worse i tried using a 4:1mix of water:easycarbo to nuke the BBA (which it done very succesfully!) but it also nuked 75% of the plants in there aswell , another lesson learned i guess :)

Its taken a few weeks but now everything is back growing again

sag.jpg

Dwarf sag starting to spread nicely again after thinning it out

angelcloseup.jpg

Trying to learn how to use my camera properly

Angel1.jpg

Amazon sword

fulltankshot.jpg

Full tank shot

Crypts avoided the nuking and the hair grass is growing again after turning to brown mush , java ferns at the back which i had to trim every leaf of due to the nuking just starting to show signs of growing again.

Constructive critisicm on the layout or photography very much welcomed :)

Re: Trigon 190-Learning curve *updated 10-11-11*

Quick update , changed the layout around a bit , and the plants are actually growing !

FTS15-8-11jpg.jpg

Re: Trigon 190-Learning curve *updated 10-11-11*

Nice! Green clean and reem :D hahaha

Looking lush, I've never seen an angel fish with dots like that. Looks so odd.

They are called ""clown" angelfish , and arn`t all that common, and these particular ones also have pearlscale aswell , found them in my LFS and just had to have them !

Burnleygaz said:
Long time without posting due to a promotion at work which ended up with me working a lot of long days to brute force my way thru to make up for my lack of experiance in my new role , subsequently hobbies took a back burner, with me getting my hands burned with the tank due to the co2 running out at the beggining of dec and me not noticing for about 2 weeks !, please welcome to stage BBA :oops:
Then to make matters worse i tried using a 4:1mix of water:easycarbo to nuke the BBA (which it done very succesfully!) but it also nuked 75% of the plants in there aswell , another lesson learned i guess :)

Its taken a few weeks but now everything is back growing again

sag.jpg

Dwarf sag starting to spread nicely again after thinning it out

angelcloseup.jpg

Trying to learn how to use my camera properly

How did the fish hold up to the nukeing?

Angel1.jpg

Amazon sword

fulltankshot.jpg

Full tank shot

Crypts avoided the nuking and the hair grass is growing again after turning to brown mush , java ferns at the back which i had to trim every leaf of due to the nuking just starting to show signs of growing again.

Constructive critisicm on the layout or photography very much welcomed :)

Just found your question chilled, was hard to spot in the monster quote ! All fauna were fine , i put the mix in a spray bottle and sprayed it straight onto the affected areas while the water was low, and prob only added around 20 ml of easy carbo to the tank in all.

Burnleygaz said:
Just found your question chilled, was hard to spot in the monster quote ! All fauna were fine , i put the mix in a spray bottle and sprayed it straight onto the affected areas while the water was low, and prob only added around 20 ml of easy carbo to the tank in all.

Sorry about that quote lol, I may need to try this as im being killed by BBA! :D

wow amazing how those swords in the back have grown! great job!

Hi Burnley Gaz, I've got the same tank as you. Have you considered upgrading your light unit from the standard issue fluorescent bulbs to LEDs? As LEDs are the future!

Back