• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Too much lighting vs wrong plants vs new tank?

Thanks for the response. I have already made a 500ml bottle of macro and micro ferts so I will buy distilled water the next time these run out but for the time being I was just wondering if I could add some seachem prime to the bottles of fert already made with boiled and cooled water for peace of mind?

@Animallover If you already boiled the water you should have removed most, if not all, of the chlorine and chloramine, so no reason to add any Prime - you are going to dose such a minuscule amount relative to you body of water that any residual chlorine/chloramine will hardly make a difference. Also, if you mixed this with a "dry dosing kit" I assume it included an acidifier and preservatives (such as potassium sorbate so it wont mold)? I would be more worried about that part.

What water are you using for your general water changes if I may ask?

Cheers,
Michael

Last edited:
Perfect thank you! I’ll just use these bottles of ferts up and use distilled water next time.
I use tap water for my water changes and I just add prime after for the whole body of water.

Back