• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tom's 110 Ltr Opti-White - New Journal

nice sketch up mate :D haha i think itll look good for sure

maybe rid or move the far left rock, and a nice tall plant in the back corner like c.helferi or a type of vallis? moss inbetween the rocks java fern amongst the wood and maybe p.heferi or staury(cant think of full name) just after the rocks.

that cabinet looks really smart too,

cheers

Looking good. Your rocks are nice as well.
Regarding wood, redmoor would be nice i think or Manzi if you can find some. Have a look on ebay, there was some redmoor available a while ago. TGM have some but they are well overpriced ;)
Some adjustments with the rock when you scape inside the tank and it will be perfect. Dont forget to create a slope :thumbup:

It empties your pocket :lol:
controversial staff. If you are just starting you wont notice any difference with or without it. And it is marketed for long time scapes, more than one year which I believe is not your case?

I honestly think it'll look awesome. I've been think of a scape with the same basic ideas of yours.

Maybe add a bit of room bestween the root and the rocks, so you get some sort of plateau. You could add some moss or other lowgrowing thing, and maybe with Hydrocotyle mixed in. Seen hydrocotyle put in like that with great results before, as it adds a very authetic look.

Maybe you need a bit more difference in hights? So you have a bit steeper slope. I think that'll add abit more longevity (can you say that?) to the scape as the wood won't be hidden so fast, in crypts and staurogynes.

Just a few ideas :D.

I'm looking forward to seeing this planted.

Ps. Forgot to mention I really like the idea with the staurogynes and the glosso around the rocks.

Looks really good! I love the java fern!
Where are the rocks D: please tell me your putting them in, they are beautiful!

I like the scape very much, it's just beautiful aquarium! I wish you all the best in progress!

When you mentioned lily pipes, 2 weeks ago I ordered those on the picture below, and I hope they will not affect the flow :( I have already prepared inline diffuser and Hydor external heater :?

HW-FI01-01.jpg

"New" inlet - what do you think, will it affect the flow?

HW-FI01-05.jpg

Hei congrats on new opti ;)
Dont worry about the white staff. It will go away by itself in few weeks. New redmoor always gets it.
Without lifestock indeed get co2 as high as you want. Good experience to run it unlimited.
Amazonia would have loads of ferts initially so you can start dosing in a week or so.
Most of the plants anyway need some time to adjust and you dont have too much of fast growers.
Water changes as much as you can are your friend now :thumbup:

It is not that geavily planted and you chose a good pipe placement so I would say flow should be good.
With an island setup i am running single filter on 90x45x45 without issues.
Vid looking great, good luck :thumbup:

skeletonw00t said:
I thought that, how effective are these beasts? I'll have a look at some fish shops on the weekend though!

I think my java fern is in a bad spot in my tank - its under the outflow pipe & by the intake. It seems a bit of a dead spot flow wise & there seems to be detritus collecting on the leaves. I really don't want to add a powerhead to the tank due to aesthetic reasons :/

I had an infestation of snails and received 2 from a member here, they were all gone within a week. Sadly the assassin snails also died because i guess they got hungry...

check on Aquarist Classifed as i know people sell them on there all the time.

Back