• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

to much circulation??

S

Stoney

Hi Folks,
I have a fluval f90/130 litre set up, with the 206 external at one side and two korallia hydor 1600's at the other side/ one is pointing up to surface the other is poinitng towards mid/bottom of tank.

Question is to much?? Plants have movement , just looking for some advice on this;)

I would say you can never have enough movement unless there are issues where the flow is stirring up the gravel or the fish were being blown about like leaves on a windy day. You would of course have to position these strategically so that they weren't cancelling out each other, for instance if one flow points at the flow from another koralia they can cancel each other out.
On the plus side, if you were fancying a densely planted broad leaved plants like Amazon swords which tend to kill circulation it would be a great benefit to have plenty of movement in all directions.

One thing that's always puzzled me is...how do you guys get away with so much flow?
don't your plants get bent over...or pushed into a clump?

Back