• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Thought I'd better say Hello!

dento

Seedling
Well after a few being a member, Thought I'd better say hello.

I had a planted tank a few years back 400l then went into marine but a change in job meant that had to go on hold for a while.
I'm now In a position to start a tank up, I'll be looking for a rimless 90cm x 40 x 50 deep with co2 etc...
As I'm refreshing myself with this and wanting to grow most plants what lighting would you recommend keeping a a lowish buget..

co2, I'll be calling on a fire extinguisher for that. Again any advice on substrate would be a real help.

Many thanks :D

Welcome along! :)
Lighting wise, if you're on a budget have a look at allpondsolutions: http://www.allpondsolutions.co.uk/aquar ... hting.html T5 lighting is your best bet.

Talking substrate there are a few options: ADA is worth it if you can afford it but it's expensive. I've heard Colombo Flora Base does the job just as well but is a little cheaper. At the cheap end of the scale you have Akadama bonsai soil which is also supposed to be very good. Have a look at the substrate section and there's probably a few topics on them :) hope this helps

Thanks for your replies!

So a single 150w metal halide would be to much, there's a few on eBay for good money and change the bulb for a 6000k?

stuworrall said:
nowt wrong with a 150W MH on that size tank, I run one on mine. Just make sure you can keep up with the balance of ferts and co2 to match the amount of light of raise it higher from the tank.

How high would you raise it above?

welcome aboard, ive also just recently come onboard.
im going the low tech route initially to keep the costs down

Back