• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Think my plant has too little light

Mark Allen

Is this plant growing long stems because of a lack of light?

IEqmTzhQncVKskCf419XQeW-fRaHcGq39J9o8jTKMDq6IQHr-Qs6AgYGI94-I?width=660&height=371&cropmode=none.jpg

That plant you have there is a carpeting plant to a certain degree. What light do you have? I've been having the same issue with my monte carlo so ordered a new led light

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Normally corner part have less light compare to other parts of tank. I think you do not need to increase your light, just trim it and apply mechanical manipulation by pressing it down.

Sent from my MX4 using Tapatalk

I've found hydro Japan only grows horizontally for me if it's getting enough co2 round the lower levels of the tank, otherwise it tends to grow tall and leggy IME.
Same here. My tank don't have high light.

Sent from my MX4 using Tapatalk

It's a superfish 60ltr tank with the built in LEDs.

Do you mean NOT getting enough CO2?

It's both co2 and light. Co2 more important I think. Before you change anything you should trim and push it down as per above.

OK, I might pull it out and tie it down on a rock. Is that a good idea, or does it need to go in the substrate?

Mine doesn't grow quick at all. Its taken months to get that big.

I'll tie it down and trim and see what happens.

If it has enough light, it should grow pretty quickly.
I find that in my low light tank, when planted in the middle, it grows like crazy. In the same tank, with the same amount of light, but in the corner, it didn't grow at all. In fact, it was turning yellow-ish.
That corner in my tank gets less light, and not much flow. Now I have crypts in there and they are growing fine.
If other plants in your tank are growing, maybe try moving it somewhere else to see how it does.

If all of your plants are just surviving, rather than growing, then you need more light.

Back