• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

The Nymph's Spring (EA900)

1621963699253.jpeg

I went over to AG a few weeks back. It’s AMAZING. The tanks are breathtaking. Even the snails looked good 😉
Jealous!!!!!!
Yeh AG is planted tank Nirvana

I'm sooooo EXCITED!!! I've never seen a proper aquascaped high-tech tank irl, I can't wait to see them in the flesh. I'm always confused about the scale of things online, and I'm quietly wondering if in co2 tanks everything grows massive and perhaps what I want to fit into the 180L will be way too much, so it'll be so good to really see that and appreciate it.

And fish are just so much better irl! Can't wait to see beautiful fish and plants all together, I hope they have apistos in one of their scapes, though that seems a little rare with the professionals. Was very annoyed by a green aqua video with apistos in the title, but hardly featured!

I love a good snail, even the tiny ones. Find it mad that people purposefully get rid of them. I bought a beautiful White Wizard Snail now named Gandalf (from Riverwood again they only had a few and couldn't make sure they would be there next week!) this week, absolutely love a posh snail, after discovering this one exists I've found even more interesting snails that aren't sold much.

!!!!! INTERESTING... 👀👀

Is it apistos (I didn't know you kept them!), or... something stripy and red? 👀
Will be apistos actually, apisotgramma lineata. Only picked them up this week but Had a issue with the male so waiting on a replacement before they get going. Will have them set up in their own breeding aquarium soon though. Same as the pencil fish. Sorry for hijacking the thread! I’ll start a journal once the new aquarium arrives this week.

cheers

Conor

Will be apistos actually, apisotgramma lineata. Only picked them up this week but Had a issue with the male so waiting on a replacement before they get going. Will have them set up in their own breeding aquarium soon though. Same as the pencil fish. Sorry for hijacking the thread! I’ll start a journal once the new aquarium arrives this week.

cheers

Conor
Lineatas are INSANE looking. That's very cool.

cheers

Conor
YES!!! They are on my list of lovely apistos!!! You have excellent taste in fish my friend. 😍 Can't wait to see the journal and how the breeding goes, get yourself some seedpods asap! Where did you source yours from? Looking online there's not much info on them, so your experiences with them will be even more interesting to read. Online implies that they only get around 3cm big, which is very cute!

No apologies needed, this journal would be much less interesting without everyone sharing their experiences and developments. 🙂

Lineatas are INSANE looking. That's very cool.
Sounds like the time may soon come when you need to set up that rainwater tank!!

I'm excited for you. I've never visited either shop in person but know you'll have a great time picking out your hardscape.
Thanks Kogre, I think it'll be great fun, and whichever hardscape I get will proudly sit upon your lava rocks :)

Probably going to use more lava rocks in the tank as the main rock, Ive decided it looks really nice (especially love that red one you sent), plus it doesn't increase hardness, and with how textured it is it'll be great for the epiphytes. Can't decide which colour though, looking forward to seeing this irl too. Might end up trying to buy some cheaper from the links that were posted earlier and see if it's similar to what they sell at the aquarium shops!

Last edited:
Poured all my soil in today, so the dark start has BEGUN.

Was just thinking about how it's been almost a year in the hobby, so went and found my initial excel sheet for testing kit results that I did at first, it turns out that I set up my first tank on June 19th last year. June 19th this year is 4 weeks and 2 days away, so I think I'll scape and plant this new one on that day (it's a Saturday so very useful). Feels poetic innit !!

Last edited:
Right gang, since I'm off shopping tomorrow I have one question... on Riverwood Aquatics Instagram (going there tomorrow along with Aquarium Gardens), they've got some videos of some lovely millennium wood, but when I search online there are reports that it's toxic? Or maybe you have to soak it for months and months? Does anyone have any experience with it, cos it is verrrrrrry beautiful, but also I want to scape everything within the month!

I would avoid it personally, seen several people have problems with it. The latest one I saw on youtube SerpaDesign, the wood never "cycled" and continued stinking up the tank indefinitely

I would avoid it personally, seen several people have problems with it. The latest one I saw on youtube SerpaDesign, the wood never "cycled" and continued stinking up the tank indefinitely
Wow I just looked up the video about it and it does seem awful!! Will give it a miss for this tank... Might buy a little bit and soak it in a spare waterbutt and see what happens tho 👀

Last edited:
@shangman I just LOVE these low-tech overgrown jungle scapes! ... my favorite theme by far.
Thank you!! It looks even more jungley right now, I can't seem to stop buying lovely plants from other UKAPS members... It's absolutely packed! Luckily the trick to this style is to do just that 😂

Absolutely EXHAUSTED after my amazing day of aquarium shopping. Happy to say that I got the perfect piece of wood for the new tank, it's so sculptural (and massive). Too tired for pics rn, will post some this weekend (or tomorrow if I can't wait knowing me).

1000000% recommend going to Riverwood Aquatics, their wood selection is just fantastic, basically every piece was perfect, they had every type imaginable, and extremely well priced. And Aquarium Gardens was sooooo beautiful! Seeing that plant selection irl was amazing!! The tanks, WOW!! Picked up some lovely bits there too :)))) Hardscape: DONE

Also had some lovely chats with the owners, it's so nice to talk to people irl about the hobby.

Now sleep 😴😴😴

Last edited:
Back