• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

The little one

The tank hit 1 year and 2 months since I've started it and still going strong.
A picture after the usual 2 weeks water change.

6558802745_753fd92104_z.jpg

Mike

Thanks mate! Yeah it's a good focusing exercise. :)
The two left red stems on the left side are planted temporarily as they are to small to be added in the back and I plan to move the lotus in a focal point next year but I'm not rushing anywhere as things are not evolving to fast in this tank. Regarding the scape evolution I need to have H. polysperma on both sides to cover the edges and to replant H. micranthemoides to cover all the foreground and maybe keep a small clear path.
Now I'm maintaining it with 2ml of TNP+ and 2ml EasyCarbo daily, 30% water change twice a month.

Cheers,
Mike

Still using my old Canon 450D + the kit lets at 35mm (56mm) to minimize the barrel distortion, F5 1/20 in this case and luckily the fish were calm and moving slowly. :)
Tank lightning as usual, 3x865x15W in this case + 2x880x24W in the back, when I match the white balance the background gets a nice blue tint.
Next year I'll upgrade the lenses starting with a 24-105L and a 70-300IS and then maybe thinking on upgrading the camera if my finances are ok.

Well a month later a new water change and photo. Things move along slowly but there's no rush. :D

Red plants moved in the other aquarium, I wanted to place them somewhere in a focal point but there's no space. :)
I need to trimm the echinodorus on the right but that's another story ...

6761847169_d80952ff8a_z.jpg

Thanks again for looking,
Mike

Thanks guys! :wave: I had a plan with this tank but now I don't have any idea how it will look like in the future, should train my fish into aquascaping, might make my life easier. :lol:

Thanks Sam! :)

It's kinda funny looking at anchor moss how it outgrows my anubias. I know where its name come from, it anchors itself to everything. I can hardly pull it from a covered leaf. More an algae than a moss. I also found out I can grow it to cover BBA. :lol:

6767020709_3f9ed8e2c1_z.jpg

Talking about shrimp, I had a nice surprise to see them the other day, hardly lately with so many plants.
6797273525_97d890cb3a_z.jpg

Mike

Thank you, yes you're right, it costs as little as 3-4£/month to maintain this 60l tank, this includes fish food, fertilizers and water changed.

Cheers,
Mike

Thanks guys! Really appreciate your comments! :)

Kris, I'm using on wood various mosses like anchor and taiwan, anubias petite, microsorum needle and hydrocotyle tripartita.

Cheers,
Mike

Back