• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

The Fallen - Greeeeeeeennn

Westyggx

Hi Guys,

After a massive rescape yesterday, i replaced the whole substrate from sand to Akadama and changed many plants. This is my first proper scape in progress as my previous set up was just random plants with bog wood.

Equipment etc

Substrate - Spagnum Moss Peat > Akadama
FE Co2 @ 4bs
EI 40ml daily
Blue Rock from TGM
Fluval FX5
1 x 150W Metal Halide

Plants

Echinodorus schlueteri 'Leopard'
Crypt Wendtii Brown
Xmas Moss
Crypt Balansae
Anubia Nana Golden
Ceratophyllum demersum (Foxtail)
Glossostigma elatinoides
Staurogyne repens
Rotala sp. 'Green'
Rotala wallichii
micranthemum umbrosum
hydrocotyle leucocephala
pogostemon stellata
hygrophila polysperma
Riccia

Updated - 30/12/2011

Re: The Fallen

Ok so this is how my tank looked almost 24 hours ago (excuse the rubbish photos)

I have since then received redmoor root from twg (thanks its lovely) and covered it in Christmas Moss.

I have now put it into my tank and will take a photo tomorrow after replanting and rock moving as my akadama has kicked dust up everywhere.

Cheers

You've done an ace job attaching the moss, looks superb!

Just keep it weighed down for now, shouldn't take too long to sink.

Look forward to the updates!

How's this looking now fella?

Did you get the wood to sink ok?

The Fallen

Wood sank in a few days mate yeh, moss has really thickened now and the whole tank has grown in now since swapping from tpn to EI.

Will grab a couple of pics tomorrow forgot about the journal to be honest as no one replied so thanks for taking an interest :)

Mike

Ok so i borrowed an SLR from someone at work (forgot how to use so excuse the quality and colour issues ha)

Comments / Critique welcome, points to note - I know the substrate is uneven and i think i could do with some Red colour in there somewhere, i did buy some from planted tanks but the plant fell apart.

The Redmoor Root - Xmas moss grown in.

The Fallen

mark4785 said:
Westyggx said:
I have since then received redmoor root from twg (thanks its lovely) and covered it in Christmas Moss.

Cheers

Hi,

How did you attach the moss to the redmoor? Glue I presume?

Mark.

Hi Mark, no I used fishing line. Basically I got big clumps of moss and spread it out then wrapped line around it a few times tightly.

Ok so i haven't managed to borrow a better camera than my iPhone so i decided to take a video. Excuse the weird background noise.

I have just planted some Utricularia Graminifolia on the right hand side and am going to order a couple more pots shortly.

Yeh i like it at the mo, got rid of all my Blyxa from the right hand side as you can see from earlier pics. i also need to cut down the moss on the tree as its getting out of control now.

Nice video mate, looks really smart.
Will be amazing if/when that UG takes off. Would finish the scape very well.
Did you cut the blyxa right at the base just under the substrate or fully remove it including roots? I found my blyxa had roots like a crypt haha removing it was duh a pain!

The Fallen

nayr88 said:
Nice video mate, looks really smart.
Will be amazing if/when that UG takes off. Would finish the scape very well.
Did you cut the blyxa right at the base just under the substrate or fully remove it including roots? I found my blyxa had roots like a crypt haha removing it was duh a pain!

Thanks mate, here's hoping the UG takes it looks ok so far but it's only been a day ha. Just ordered two more pots of it.

Yeh I cut them at the base mate, I found that mine had one or two other plantlets attached to it so I just cut those instead of the "mother" but yeh I know what you mean I had long string like roots when I uprooted them all last night haha.

That is one sweet looking tank. What size is the tank and how much wattage of lighting are you using.

logi-cat said:
That is one sweet looking tank. What size is the tank and how much wattage of lighting are you using.

Thanks mate, its 125 ltrs and its using 2 x T8 (not sure on wattage) and 2 x T5 at 24W each.

Cheers

do you constantly using all 4 lights at the same time or do you reduce it to 2, etc....?

where did you get the sphagnum moss peat from? Any particular brand?

Back