• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

The Crypt Jungle

NathanB

View attachment TheCryptJungle-21-06-24-Web.jpg

Hi Everyone! This is my 90L 60x40x40 Cryptocoryne dominated aquascape.
The tank is roughly 2-3 months old right now, things are progressing slowly but recently I have noticed lots of new growth!
I'll get this journal started with this photo and post some updates in the near future. Any plant suggestions or questions are welcome!

Last edited:
@NathanB, The picture is not showing - try and upload it again.

Cheers,
Michael
Im trying to figure this out right now haha, im not sure why it wont work normally, I thought maybe the file size was too big so I tried a smaller size and still didn't change anything :confused:

Im trying to figure this out right now haha, im not sure why it wont work normally, I thought maybe the file size was too big so I tried a smaller size and still didn't change anything :confused:

Your just trying to upload a regular JPEG file, right?

When you edit your post, try and use the "Attach file" button instead.

Cheers,
Michael

F33A0F7B-F67C-4DBD-8C60-C38FA2452269.png

Here we go I finally uploaded the image correctly, Turns out that the resolution was too high!

Hopefully the tank can look a lot better when I add some more plants to the back to give it some height! Also the Helanthium tenellum "Green" in the foreground is only just starting to form new nice looking leaves after being cramped in the 1,2 grow pots! So that should improve the look of the foreground too. Let me know what you all think!

Looks great! I like the “dark” look. Did you turn the light down for the picture or is the intensity always low?

Second question: Am I correct you are using just a skimmer and a powerhead for filtration?

Looks great! I like the “dark” look. Did you turn the light down for the picture or is the intensity always low?
Second question: Am I correct you are using just a skimmer and a powerhead for filtration?
The Intensity stays quite low, I'm currently slowly increasing it over time to try and keep any algae issues at bay. But I did take that photo in the late evening when the lights are starting to dim.

And yep! the skimmer keeps the surface clean and it just has a piece of filter floss inside that I change when needed, seems to keep the water crystal clear and does the job! The wavemaker is perfect for the bamboo shrimp and gives nice surface agitation too so I also added that

Back