• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

The Bonsai Land - 34L

Sirkavu

Hi Guys,

Hope you are all well.

I am starting a new tank that I will be using as my "Medical Centre" :D

This tank was running for 6 months, without fishes, water changes every 2 weeks and no plants inside, only dragonstones yet, since I moved - 3 months ago - the tank has been emptied and even with some mould so, before I do anything I would like to ask you for some advice on what to do before I rescape.

Should I still use the soil (tropica aquasoil) even though it's been unused for 3 month? (see pictures for how it looks now)

I think i can just take the soil, maybe clean with water?, and clean the whole tank, filters etc. Then I can start my scape.

The tank equipment is as it came with:
Tank Fluval Flex 24L
Light 7500K LED lamp, Fully adjustable White + RGB LEDs
Filter 3-stage filtration, oversized mechanical (foam), chemical (carbon) and biological (Biomax) media included

I want to have aquasoil (tropica) with a bonsai driftwood in the middle and some moss in it.

As other plants, I thought on adding some carpet but i don't know if I will be good with carpets AND I think I would need better light bulbs?
- Anubias bartering Nana bonsai palm tree (in front and back to give a nice deepness)
- Staurogyne Repens (if i can't get the carpet)

As this i a medical aquarium, I think it's not wise to even have shrimps inside right?

Pictures of the tank at the moment:
IMG_4505.jpg IMG_4506.jpg IMG_4507.jpg IMG_4508.jpg

The soil should be fine to reuse. Not sure about washing it, be careful it doesn't break up too much.

Agreed on avoiding shrimp!

Back