• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

The Best Nature Aquarium`s Design 2011

There are undoubtedly some awesome scapes. But am I the only one that struggles with the fact that the more contrived scapes appear to do better than the natural looking ones?

Some look more like back garden topiary and for me that kind of misses the point; its almost analogous to the sunken galleon, aerator diver, or treasure chest.

Troi said:
There are undoubtedly some awesome scapes. But am I the only one that struggles with the fact that the more contrived scapes appear to do better than the natural looking ones?

Some look more like back garden topiary and for me that kind of misses the point; its almost analogous to the sunken galleon, aerator diver, or treasure chest.

I agree, out of all 3 of those 3rd place appeals to me more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im with you both on this one. Whilst no end of skill, time and effort has gone into creating these mini landscapes I too feel they lack a true naturalistic appeal. Its often the same with all top ranking tanks the world over, Mini mountain ranges and forests which look odd with a shoal of fish plonked in them.

Back