• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

The Aqueous Art Movement at Art Gallery

Luis
Are you there tonight? I'm heading over after work too.
Be good to meet you.
Looking forward to seeing the scapes as well as meeting you all.
Cheers
Gavin

Thought I'd get in first :p

I just got back from the gallery tonight.
I am happy to report it was packed, saw a few familiar faces, but it was mainly the trendy shoreditch crowd in there. I think this is great as it proves that the tanks have mass appeal.

The tanks looked immaculate, the scapes were, as expected, top notch.

It all came together nicely IMO.

Congratulations guys. Big round of applause :clap:

LondonDragon said:
Just got back from the gallery, very nice evening, some great people there, met the crew from Aquajardin also :) didn't spot you Mark, where were you hiding??? :p

I was there for about an hour and half mate. i did ask george to point you out so i could introduce myself but we couldn't find you at the time, i was probably standing right next to you at somepoint :oops:

Videos uploading now but youtube being a bit slow :rolleyes:

Some quick snaps with the compact!!

p1020004.jpg

p1020006.jpg

p1020007.jpg

p1020012.jpg

p1020014.jpg

p1020020n.jpg

p1020024w.jpg

p1020031d.jpg

p1020039m.jpg

p1020042i.jpg

p1020047k.jpg

p1020052.jpg

Enjoy ;)

Attachments

• p1020047k.jpg
    p1020047k.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 171
  • p1020052.jpg
    p1020052.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 179
It was a lovely set up and great to finally meet and greet fellow ukaps members.

I will upload a few pics later too :)

Superb event. People seemed to love it. It was nice to meet Graeme, George, James, and others. Tanks are a beauty. Some great equipment there. Led lights and DIY light fixture from James are amazing. Thanks a lot for a great evening.

I visited the event last night and met up with a few friendly names. Great to meet you all and it was really inspiring to see the works on show and the appreciation they received from the variety of folk there.
I hope you all manage to sell the tanks at their prices, but for future I think perhaps one largish one should be raffled and the rest auctioned. This should be advertised. You'd get a huge attendance for an auction I think.

I do hope the event repeats itself and/or is the start of similar exhibitions elsewhere. And I really hope there are more tanks to view down the line. Maybe some larger ones ;)

Well done gents. Hats off to you all.

Gavin

It was an amazing setup. As said before, the light fixture and led's from James were just amazing.

Also, I believe that the pictures do not do justice to some of the scapes.

George's scape the one with the rocks and hairgrass, I had seen it on the forum journal, and didn't fancied much, but seeing it in front of me I the detail of the grass growing in between the rocks, the healthiness of the plants and the layout of the rocks cannot be conveyed by the camera.
p1020020n.jpg

The scape looked just amazing, the attention to detail was just mind-blowing.

That is a great scape, maybe one of the best I have seen.

However for me, and again the photos are not doing justice to it, the scape that definitely broke new grounds is this one:
p1020052.jpg

This is maybe the scape of the year. Why didn't I thought of that! :)

Great work, it was a very pleasurable evening.

Hi Guys well done it sounds like it is going very well indeed,the tanks look amazing well done on the pics Paulo,

very well done fella,s :thumbup: ,
regards,
john.

Re: Live aquascapes at a London art gallery

True to form, I failed to pitch up to the gallery on the Thursday evening as I had hoped to do. Instead I went along on Friday afternoon and caught the exhibition at a quiet moment. This was much to my advantage as I was able to take in all the aquascapes at leisure, and without hundreds of bodies getting in the way! I was also able to trap James, George and Graeme in conversation and learnt a great deal, as ever.

The displays were excellent and imaginative, presented in incredibly pristine condition, and a credit to the guys. Much kudos to James for persevering with such a brave venture - I hope it succeeds in creating greater awareness of the scope to consider our interest as an art form.

As I left quietly much later, our intrepid gurus were sitting cross-legged in the centre of the gallery, a strange light enveloping them as they exchanged words of wisdom and insight almost incomprehensible to mere mortals...

Re: Live aquascapes at a London art gallery

Hi all. Just a quick post from me, as I am totally warn out from this weeks adventure.

Ive just got home from a 4 hour drive from the gallery. Substantially lighter in my finance, drained of all energy, emotionally wiped and on a come down. I had a bit of a disaster today. As we broke the displays down, I tripped and fell up the stairs, breaking my nano tank. Shortly after this I came out to find my car about to be towed away by the local parking attendants.

The experience was overwhelming on the big night. The real high light of doing this promotion of our fine hobby, was that we were taking it to a whole new audience. This was the sole aim of the show. To show people who we know could and would appreciated what we were trying to do. Open the eyes of the wider public. And they were blown away, thats no joke.
In my opinion, doing this art exhibition will fire the hobby/art to another level. A true success.

I would like to thank all the people who came down and help out setting up, breaking down and supporting what we have been doing. Ed, Ricky, Paulo, Matt and Tony. Cheers guys. Thanks to the London boys for dropping by and to any other new faces and potentially new ukaps member.

I hope that you can all see what we have been trying to do this week and appreciate how much effort and hard work it has taken to show your hobby to a new audience.

Lastly, we all have to thank James Star Marshall and his trusty side kick Jenny for making this happen, thanks to the great contacts and links they have in London and the art fraternity. With out these two, it would never of happened.

I will post some pictures in the next few days, once Ive settled back into work and home.

Cheers.

Back