• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tall 250l - Y llechen ogof

Thanks. 
To be honest, the tank's not in quite such a good state at the moment. 

After I trimmed back the Taiwan Moss (on the right) it never recovered. There is very little left on the wood, and none on the cave roof. 
The Pelia has run a mock and no only has it pretty much covered the wood (on the left) I could probably harvest quite a bit from the floor of the tank. 
The growth of the Valis has slowed dramatically.
The Tennellus has all died, as has the Lingua and most of the Cordifoliu . 
The Amazons and Wenditi have proved pretty resiliant. 

Algae has thrived, predominantly GDA (which has proved very persistent) and what I think is brush algae. 
I've long intended to improve the circulation in the tank to try to combat this, but have just never got round to it. 

My livestock seem pretty happy, but I've given up on the Ottos. 

Hopefully I'll get round to giving everything a bit of an overhaul some time soon, but I suspect it won't be till the far side of Xmas now. 

It's not reeally going badly - everything's stable enough just now. I think it's just down to poor choice of plants, less than ideal tank dynamics and a bit of neglect on my part.

On the up side, having decided at the weekend that my Ottos must have all died months ago, I saw one this morning. Yhe must be telepathic!

Back