• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Taiwan bee water parameters.

MARKCOUSINS

Hi guys,I have my tank set up almost 5 weeks now and was wanting to introduce some Taiwan bee F1.Water parameters are PH 6.5 GH 7 KH 0 TDS 150,Temperature is 24 degreesC.What do these values look like?Cheers Mark

Thanks Iain!I will try and get hold of an adjustable heater,the one i have is a fixed temperature Dennerle nano which seems to run at 24 allways.Cheers Mark.

Thanks Iain!I will try and get hold of an adjustable heater,the one i have is a fixed temperature Dennerle nano which seems to run at 24 allways.Cheers Mark.
Have you tried no heater? My unheated shrimp tank sits around 21deg.

Good idea Ollie,i unplugged it about an hour ago and will have a look at what happens with the temperature.Problem is it's my daughter's bedroom so the window gets opened in the morning for a bit.But for the moment it's off there is nothing in the tank apart from moss and java fern so no probs:) Cheers Mark

What size tank is it mark? ? Ive an adjustable nano heater. Well 3 actually. 25 watt and 50 watt. All around 12cm

Your GH is to high GH 5 would be ideal GH 6 at the most lower your tds to about 115 to 120 that should hopefully get your GH at a better level
Everything else is perfect :)

Have you tried no heater? My unheated shrimp tank sits around 21deg.
I gave it a go unfortunately the temp dropped to 18degreesC.So will be getting a small adjustable heater 25watt,found one for a good price it will arrive with the shrimp next week(hopefully).So i can keep the temperature at 22ish:)

2014-02-18%2023.25.24.jpg
Dropbox - 2014-02-18 23.25.24.jpg

GH is fine. Just measure TDS and keep it between 150-200. Don't stress about temp either, all mine are kept at room temp. Just keep an eye on nitrates.
Thanks very much Dane for the advice:)The guy who is sending me the TB hybrids says he keeps them at about 350/380 microsimens.Not to sure as to what this means at a TDS measurement,did read that 1ppm TDS = 1.56 not too sure if it's reliable.Current is 148 TDS in the tank i see you recommended 150-200.I could up it a bit but was a bit worried about increasing GH too:confused:.
As for temperature i have an ugly heater in keeping it at a steady 22 degreesC new one should come Wednesday with the TB's.:)
Cheers Mark

I currently have 2 mini Dennerle internals running in the tank(in the photo there is only one).One with spraybar above the surface cascading into the tank from 2cm aprox.Good or bad?Should i run them both or just one when the shrimp come?Cheers Mark

Back