• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
I was reading on another forum somewhere (cant remember which one) where a breeder simulates the water conditions of shrimps natural habitats ie down pours etc which cool the water and then he upped the temp to 25 and hed see the majority of his shrimp all buried.
Im hoping I get lots of babies from my current crs and some cbs ive got arriving friday

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Will be interesting to see what happens with this warm weather and fluctuating temps al, just hope it doesnt get too warm. This tank does stay cooler than the big one though strangely, can only guess that the waterfall effect from the liberty helps cooling..

Just saw your CBS, they look like good quality mate im sure youll have hundreds soon enough.

Temp holding steady at 25c, no obvious signs of issues. I was thinking that i may be loosing some as i hadn't seen the king kong for a while but while looking for it i found a different one :D
9381212979_d955546ba9.jpg
318 by iainsutherland24, on Flickr

will grab some tank images shortly.

Looking awesome mate. And booming is then word. What number did you start out with?

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Tapatalk 4

That's great to hear and can see some berried in the vid too so more on the way. :D

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Tapatalk 4

Looking really well mate, shrimp are thriving and the tank looks great too.

Again another well over due update. This has been some what neglected of late, no water change for 2-3 weeks, bit of surface scum, TDS i darent check yet all seems well as far as the livestock go. Plant wise not... not as great, needs a little love as the pelia is all detaching as not been trimmed and a few plants showing deficiencies.
Population is still booming though even after moving some on.

10336760935_a60e4f60b5_o.jpg
IMG_3568 by iainsutherland24, on Flickr

Have spotted 3 of these recently though... blue bolts with black heads, no doubt have a name of some sort but for now ill just go with f'in cool :)

10336942513_3349988b57_o.jpg
IMG_3573 by iainsutherland24, on Flickr

Again another well over due update. This has been some what neglected of late, no water change for 2-3 weeks, bit of surface scum, TDS i darent check yet all seems well as far as the livestock go. Plant wise not... not as great, needs a little love as the pelia is all detaching as not been trimmed and a few plants showing deficiencies.
Population is still booming though even after moving some on.

10336760935_a60e4f60b5_o.jpg
IMG_3568 by iainsutherland24, on Flickr

Have spotted 3 of these recently though... blue bolts with black heads, no doubt have a name of some sort but for now ill just go with f'in cool :)

Still looking nice mate!
Think they are referred to as 'Blue Pandas' could be wrong though.

They look ace mate!
Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
cheers ali, im loving them. Its so cool trying to spot new pattern and colour variations.
Really nice! I like that first shot of the tank above.
even when dirty lol this super low tech malarky has really suprised me, so much so that i have hatched a plan for something else when i get time.

Still looking nice mate! Think they are referred to as 'Blue Pandas' could be wrong though.
i dont know mate but i thought pandas were generally thick banded CBS like the image further above with a blue shadow?? Its time someone made a shrimp directory...im hoping there may be one in breeders and keepers at some point.
Is your shrimp tank still running?

Really cool looking tank Iain. Blown away. It looks awesome with all the shrimp hanging around.

I too second the shrimp Dir. I am finding it frustrating trying to understand what strains and why, and thus what justifies the cost on the shrimp.

Can you import shrimp from other countries? (apart from the time taken to get them into the UK) Is it allowed to ship live shimp from say Japan?
R

Like said still looks great mate and very dense with plants just how I like it

Thanks Dean

Fantastic video,so Intresting a Taiwan bee tank,definately my dream somewhere down the road.Have you got any idea of PH,Gh and TDS in your tank?Cheers Mark

Back