• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Stokcing advice for a 60L

Calzone

Hello,

I have a 60L tank, well filtered with 2 internal filters, currently stocked with 3 platies and 4 zebra danios, plus multiple snails.
I was planning on adding 4 small cories, maybe panda cories to this list (plus maybe some cherry shrimp). I think this would be a decent stock level, though aqadviser suggests there would be room to add a few more small fish.

My question is, could I add 5-6 cardinal tetras, or maybe 5 celestial pearl rasboras, or would I be better perhaps just adding an extra danio and/or platy? There's the question over stocking levels and also the question of aesthetics (would that many types of fish in a relatively small tank look overdone?), plus compatibility.

The tank is low light, fairly heavily planted, cat litter plus sand based, with bogwood and a decent natural habitat.

Appreciate any views.

Cheers

60cm of fish is ok for your 60L maybe with oversized external filter even more like 80cm of fish. Cardinals are bigger than CPD's.

So for you it is around 40cm of fish now so get 20cm :) 8x CPD or 8x pygmy cory's (other cory's are big so 5 max) or 5 cardinals, but get botom feeders cory's as you have none yet.

btw external filter would act as 4-5 of your internals. Not sure what filter you have now but area for bacteria is just larger

Back