• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Stocking suggestions

Dexie

Hi

I'll be setting up my 3' 180l tank very soon now :D , so I'm starting to think about the fish that I will have in it.

I've got some harlequins that were orginally in this tank, but have been moved to a 60l whilst this tank has been stripped down. Being a softy I'd like to put them back in to the bigger tank partly because I feel guilty hat I moved them into such a small tank and partly because everytime I do a wc on the 60l the little darling jump out :woot:

Anyway, I'm thinking of something interesting with bags of character, maybe a couple of chichlids

e.g.

Angel fish
Kribensis
Apistogramma

Obviously this isn't my first attempt at fishkeepting, but it will be my first attemp at a planted tank, and so I don't want fish that will rip up the plants.

I'm looking at starting with easy Maintenance plants i.e. java ferns, moss and crypts.

Thanks

Fiona

50 Juwel Chichlids all purchased from me...I wish someone would!

However I think a 180ltr tank is great to play with and would recommend something like the following;

15 Cardinals
6 Corydoras Catfish
6 Phantom Tetras
Then a center piece fish, nothing to costy, but either some nice rams or gourami maybe even get some Cuckatoo Chichlids (less agressive and allows for more community)

Trial and Error is name though, until you've tried you'll never know. But ideally it has to be from your heart.

Back