• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Journal Starting point Wabi-Kusa

Hi Kisanjong, Thank you :)[DOUBLEPOST=1398779258][/DOUBLEPOST]
beautiful and inspiring stuff!
I started my first wabi-kusa after seeing your topic!
great work!
Hi Humbert, Thank you for your kind words :) Glad my work inspires you and others to give Wabi-Kusa a go great fun to do and good to look at :) Let me know how you get on;) Looking forward to seeing your W-K :thumbup: Enjoy

Last edited:
Awesome, do you plant and leave them out straight away or do you acclimatise them first, I'm on my 2nd and my first success was after acclimatising them first, kinda too scared to leave them out straight away lol?
Hi ADA Thank you :) No at the moment there in clear plastic bags ;) I open them up every day and mist spray :) But as the weather is warming up i will acclimatize them over a few days:D Sooner the better As all the bags are driving the wife nuts :eek:[DOUBLEPOST=1400426399][/DOUBLEPOST]
Looks great Roy, you're making my fingers itch to get started on my own first W-K!

Hi Vinkenoog, Thank you:) Watch out once you do one you could become addicted :lol: Looking forward to seeing your W-K Now:D

Hi ADA Thank you :) No at the moment there in clear plastic bags ;) I open them up every day and mist spray :) But as the weather is warming up i will acclimatize them over a few days:D Sooner the better As all the bags are driving the wife nuts :eek:[DOUBLEPOST=1400426399][/DOUBLEPOST]

Hi Vinkenoog, Thank you:) Watch out once you do one you could become addicted :lol: Looking forward to seeing your W-K Now:D

Ahh I see mines covered in cling film and I'm just add a few holes every few days, should be time to transfer to the DoAqua soon :)

Hi All, Was Walking the grandson to school along the river and see some floating plants :) Looked like a floating W-K So brought some home;) Instant W-K from nature Her self:cool: Will be fun to watch what grows :D Two pics

00_zps7da45b8b.jpg[DOUBLEPOST=1400436887][/DOUBLEPOST]00a_zpsce24a9ed.jpg[DOUBLEPOST=1400437282][/DOUBLEPOST]Hi All, One idea i got from a pic :D Well had some time on Sunday so came up with this one :) Only thing is it will take 20 years to look at its best :eek: Two pics

00c_zps10ecccbc.jpg[DOUBLEPOST=1400437335][/DOUBLEPOST]00e_zps5371a163.jpg

Last edited:
I really like the first one Roy, very cool. The second one, not so much, but that's mostly personal; I don't really like recreating trees like this, wether emers or submers, but like I said, that's just me!
First one looks great though! I was already thinking about using some terrestrial moss from the woods near my house, and now I'm convinced! Let nature inspire and provide!

These floating plants look like Azolla... In eastern Spain,, where I live they were unknown during the last decades or so but now they cover channels and rice fields. The carpets looks sometimes beautiful with some emersed Polygonum in between and those reddish colours but I cannot see them beautiful anymore... So invasive!

Jordi

These floating plants look like Azolla... In eastern Spain,, where I live they were unknown during the last decades or so but now they cover channels and rice fields. The carpets looks sometimes beautiful with some emersed Polygonum in between and those reddish colours but I cannot see them beautiful anymore... So invasive!

Jordi
Hi Parotet, The Azolla, Is a fab looking plant ;) That's what got my attention in the first place the red colour :rolleyes: But a few days out of sunlight and the red is fading :(Back to a green :banghead: Even using a 10w 6500 flood light ?--" So invasive" :( So True But over here it dies back in winter .

Back