• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Starting again...

GlassWalker

After some thought I've decided to remove CO2 from my biggest freshwater tank, and set up a new tank instead.

For a planted tank, I did everything backwards. It was fish first, plants where they would fit, but in no particular scheme. The fish liked to pull up any new plants which doesn't help. When I added CO2, it just grew faster. So my goal for now is to reduce maintenance on this tank by removing CO2 and lowering light levels.

The new tank I have decided will be a shrimp only tank. I recently came across a local breeder of crystal reds, and fell for them. I picked up some blacks from him already and put that in my other clado infested tank as a tester, and they seem to be doing ok. Now I want to dedicate a tank just to the reds.

This will not happen soon... my current project is upgrading one of my marine tanks, which will involve an interesting 3-way tank shuffle some weekend in the future. That will free up a tank which will be used for this project. I want to try lower light CO2 tank, and will have the luxury for the first time of setting it up without fish getting in the way. Expect lots of questions in a few weeks time :)

Good luck, You can have a really good shrimp non co2 tank with lots of moss in it. looking forward to your update.

I might start the question here then, but I was under the impression that extra CO2 can still benefit a low(er) light tank? Or am I going the wrong way once again by thinking, I've got the kit, might as well use it somewhere? I'll have to rummage around the invert subforum for ideas later.

I've also been considering getting a calcium reactor for a marine tank. They are also CO2 operated, although not given it much serious thought since they seem of more benefit in bigger systems than I have.

Back