• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Stages of our 60cm cube.

kirk

Thought after spending some time on here now its time to start a short journal. due to finding technology hard work it will be a hard read at times so will try to keep it simple, my English and grammer arnt great,(not listening at school having ADD hasn't helped but here goes.:)
It all started when my better half bought a tiny tank at the car boot for our two young sons not me,and my ocd kicked in and I took over and within mths had a b shaped. Then I just had to have a cube I mean my boys had to have a cube.:) which I wanted way back when we kept discus. Here's the tank at first.

e7ymene3.jpg

The second.
muraruby.jpg

and arrival of the cube

zyqyhe3y.jpg

Home made underneath I'd built ready I'm not into cabinets Id be paranoid about water ingress load etc. So as everything I make over the top. If I'd built the ark it would have sank.:rolleyes: ill continue later. Thanks for reading so far.

Had a good laugh at the first tank? I realy miss the plastic barrel...joke. non of the items on the starter tank were used. The pic was taken when it was put together for a friends son to start out.:) the b shaped went through various stages the soil tubes are now in the pond. The tank is at the local gym with angles in which I maintain weekly. The cube is stripped of the affect and all black to match stand and sealer. Pics to follow:)

Pics.
ju7ype8y.jpg

a5asapus.jpg

Can you spot the boar?
2u3yveja.jpg

one of the rock phases.
tuda5u6y.jpg

another rock phase .:cool:

After playing around with rocks I've decided I prefer wood. Managed to pick up a piece from aquajardin the glos store. Well pleased with it spent a day playing around with the position and finally settled on this.
aha2e3a7.jpg

so did he.^

7y6yteny.jpg

Then it was time to request more plant than I could possibly need from ukaps members.:D. Thankyou to all of you who have supplied me with plants.Especially jack rhythm. You have been honest and generous. You will all reconze your plants in later pics to follow. Is did say it won't be the easyiest of reads and all I write will lack technical info so any questions please ask. Cheers kirk:)

uramuqad.jpg
Upto date pics.
a8ezagym.jpg
Taken today. Quite happy with this now so its hands off for a week other than the net wafting debris removing routine and water changes :D.

Everything is now growing well, running the Fe set up and timer on lights and solenoid has made a huge difference in weeks. Also takes a lot of hastle out of the plant keeping.:)
uvyme3eq.jpg
May have a move around soon can't help myself.:)

After a few mths I found myself bored of looking at the tank and as I got a new bit of wood to go with the large piece from aquajardin glos. Plus some bba on wood So out with everything exept the clover along front glass. :) wonce scrubbed it was time to arm my self with a stapler.
etejyted.jpg
. Much quicker than fishingline. After 8hrs I've had enough and ended up slinging a carrier bag of plants. Exuse the cloudyness. :)
y8ama9ep.jpg

Hi all,:) just thought I'd put another pic up. I'm learning slowly from some of you experts on here and I'm quite pleased with the way our tank has developed since joining you.:) its still not perfect as far a the eye is concerned by that I mean the vallis has to go getting quite sick of the runners making me work, its only there to hide the two heaters. Oh and the fluval two isn't that pretty is it.? Soon as I've saved enough up I will get a hydor external and a compact power head thingyme bobby.:) hope you like how it coming along an feel free to criticise the plant arangement etc. Thanks kirk.
e6ady4y7.jpg
qagysa7y.jpg
. Sorry about the phone pic quality.

Ok so I've got bored again of scape so I've had a play around with wood. The moss had gone a bit mad and the wood was covered. Can't see the point of an attractive piece of wood when it cannot be seen.
6y5abebu.jpg
before trim and scape.
amaha2u3.jpg
. Now. :)
udutu7uh.jpg
. I've no idea where to put the hydro Japan so I've just stuffed it at the back behind the wood. Stuffed was about how it is after I got sick of having my arm in the tank for 5 hours.:D

Thankyou.:) due to it being half term and our boys being home we've been busy doing other things. the tanks have been a little left and forgotten, Other than the doses of ferts and water changes. I've now gone back to the plain old declorinator and the hose straight into tank. Lifting 5 gallon drums upto the tank to pour slowly has been playing havoc with my rotator injury. Doing this takes less time so I have time to fiddle and poke around.... in the tank ofcourse.;)

Tank shut down. End of journal. :)

Thankyou Mark. my new set up is up and running. :)journal... New plans,finally got my opti 80x40x40 I'll dig it out and freshen it with some upto Date pics this evening.

Back