• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Spraying plants directly with excel

scottward

Just wondering if any body has tried this:

• Drop water level very low to expose most plants i.e. take 90% out.
• Spay all plants with a 40: 1 excel mist
• Wait 5 minutes
• Fill tank back up.

Scott.

im not sure why you would want too? As it will have no benefit 'co2' wise im guessing you mean to clear heavy algae.
While it is true that excel can be used very effectively spot dosing to help keep a tank free of algae, if a tank had heavy enough algae to consider doing this then it will almost certainly come back as the cause will still be present.
Combating algae by improving conditions can be the best way to learn :thumbup:

Yeah, to hopefully nuke a BBA infestation.

I believe I have addressed the conditions that caused it in the first place.

Pruning is not an option because I think there would be no leaves left!

Scott.

scottward said:
Yeah, to hopefully nuke a BBA infestation.

I believe I have addressed the conditions that caused it in the first place.

Pruning is not an option because I think there would be no leaves left!

Scott.

Hi Scott, was it you that made a post about CO2 timing and Ceg suggested you put it on a couple of hours before lights on ? This would have been related to your BBA / slow growth issue, or was that someone else ? Reason I ask is that I have found its always good to give as much data and background to the reasons for any questions in your posts on here as it gives people more info to accurately respond to. Hope this suggestion helps :)

Wasn't me......unless it was a post from a long time ago and I've forgotten it?

scottward said:
Wasn't me......unless it was a post from a long time ago and I've forgotten it?

LOL no worries. I cant remember how old the post was either, just remember seeing it recently and put two and two... Hope you get rid of your algae problem.

Back