• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Spare Parts for Tetratec EX1200

A

Antipofish

I have just bought a used Tetratec EX1200. Its a great machine, came with brand new media and lots of spare media too, and the nice people sent me a few test kits they had not used also which I thought was good of them as it was not part of the deal. Only problem is, it is missing the spraybar parts (3 sections of spraybar and endpiece).

I don't really want to splash out on the full return kit and wondered if anyone knew a place where I can just get specific spare parts. Of course, if anyone HAS a spraybar for said filter and they don't want it, feel free to chuck it my way and let me know ;)

Any suggestions would be very welcome.

To all you EX1200 users;
What method of return flow do you use ?
And have you altered the manufacturer suggested media setup at all ?
Do you use the Tetratec specific carbon pads or just chuck in carbon in a media bag ?

Thanks in advance. Who knows maybe by the end of the weekend my tank may see some plants....

I wouldn`t bother using any kind of Carbon in your filter for a prolonged period of time. I believe it will absorb Trace elements from the ferts that you are dosing? It will be O.K if you want to polish the water periodically, but I wouldn`t use it as a perminant fixture? I used to use a Tetratec Ex700. I used the supplied Plastic Bio Balls for a while but then swapped over to Eheim media. What hoses do the EX1200 come with. If it`s 16/22 you could use the Eheim out/return pipes. The thing that I didn`t like about the TetraTec stuff was the 90deg bends on the in/out flow? I broke a couple, as I found they became brittle over time! :(

Got new pipe and a replacement outflow kit now. Thanks to Dave at Fish and Fins, Hailsham, Sussex (well worth a visit if you are in the area), for his help with the right spares at the right price, despite being very preoccupied with a temperamental computer.

Back