• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

something bigger, now even bigger

Thoroughly impressed that I haven’t yet gone more than a few weeks without forgetting to update this. It’s in grow out mode and I’ve since started dosing APT 3 which seems to have perked things up. No idea why, but most of the Ludwigia white has gone to the grave. It was fine and growing, albeit rather slowly. After I did the partial rescape, it just never went back to growing, so I’m thinking I have some sort of CO2 vacuum where it was placed, or due to shading, it was wasn’t getting enough light, which is the most plausible idea. Hoping to get my hands on some L. Meta next weekend at a swap - haven’t grown it in a long time, so we’ll see if I’m up to the task. Otherwise, just letting all the stem groups thicken up and grow out.

We were very fortunate to be in a position to buy a house, and within about a month of looking, we managed to find one. Keys will be in hand 4/15, so I have quite the move ahead of me. Had I considered this only a month or so sooner, I likely wouldn’t have set this up yet. So, here’s to a whole day spent getting this moved across the city. This will be fun.

I have some better photos on my mirrorless to upload later. Forgot to download them to my phone. This photo is from 2/27 post trim. Excuse the mess, we’ve started packing and I don’t know where to put anything in my already cramped house.

Attachments

• IMG_5851.jpeg
    IMG_5851.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 49
Finally, through many little re-scapes, I’ve settled on a layout that I feel is the most pleasing within the general constraints of the scape. I haven’t wanted to make any major changes and just wanted to kind of roll with it until I re-scape at the end of summer. However, I have to move this entire thing across the city in two and a half weeks. Any pointers? Ha. Should I break it all down or try to keep it all in place w/ plastic wrap on the top? Luckily I have a whole day to do it. My plan was to try to remove the fish and get them into a bucket with an aerator, drain all the water (trying to keep about 1/2 the water,) move, refill, and hope all goes well and I don’t knock things terribly out of balance. I’m hoping it’s a smooth transition - I haven’t had more than inconsistent, very little filamentous algae on the sand bed and occasionally on some old leaves. I attribute this to the couple times I forgot to turn the gas back on after a WC. Otherwise, not a speck of algae to be seen. I could probably go a month without cleaning the glass and not notice much difference. Here’s to hoping it remains easy and low maintenance post moving. View attachment IMG_3715.jpegView attachment IMG_3720.jpeg

Back