• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

some kind of deficiency

DeiJas

Attachments

• IMG_20180321_200209.jpg
    IMG_20180321_200209.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 152
  • IMG_20180321_200226.jpg
    IMG_20180321_200226.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 134
  • IMG_20180321_200242.jpg
    IMG_20180321_200242.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 118
1. Are you dosing and N & P ? (nitrogen and potassium).
2. Your lights are very very very very high light and very very long time and I severely doubt anything other than spot on 100% CO2 gas injection will support lights of that intensity and period
3. BBA on second picture is symptom of poor CO2 with respect to your light level.
4. First picture is poor CO2 & probably poor fertilisation (lack of nitrogen) and poor water flow with your light level.
5. The dosing of the ferts needs to be way higher, I suspect, for your light level, may be 10-20ml or more per day.
6. Third picture plants melting is poor CO2 and distribution. 99% of plant mechanical issues is poor CO2, other 1% is fish scoffing.

To help further, will need to know, filter size, spray bar/duck bill, water change rate, any powerheads, how old is tank setup.

1. Are you dosing and N & P ? (nitrogen and potassium).
2. Your lights are very very very very high light and very very long time and I severely doubt anything other than spot on 100% CO2 gas injection will support lights of that intensity and period
3. BBA on second picture is symptom of poor CO2 with respect to your light level.
4. First picture is poor CO2 & probably poor fertilisation (lack of nitrogen) and poor water flow with your light level.
5. The dosing of the ferts needs to be way higher, I suspect, for your light level, may be 10-20ml or more per day.
6. Third picture plants melting is poor CO2 and distribution. 99% of plant mechanical issues is poor CO2, other 1% is fish scoffing.

To help further, will need to know, filter size, spray bar/duck bill, water change rate, any powerheads, how old is tank setup.

Hello,

1. Dosing Potassium for sure, since one of my ferts are called that way. N? Not sure, could you check the links above?
2. It used to be all great, when I had floating plants and no light reflectors, so you might just be right here!
3. There's no BBA, just veins darkened and some brown-ish spots, but no algae at all (and to be honest that's different tank, just standing nearby) :)
4. I thought if there's not enough of light / ferts / co2 plants just slow growth, not disintegrate? :(
5. Ferts manufacturer does not specify how much to use with and without co2, just in general - use 10ml/100L.
6. Third picture yet again different tank but same conditions (well lower light but waaaay more flow).

Filter is JBL e901 https://www.jbl.de/en/products/detail/4347/jbl-cristalprofi-e901-greenline
900L/h
Using duck bill thing.
No powerheads.
Tank is 4-6 months old I believe. 100x40x50.

Here is first answer....
upload_2018-3-23_8-30-24.png

I feel this fert is really meant for low light, lower energy tanks where nitrate and phosphorus will be provided by fish food and rotting detritus. In higher light, higher energy tanks this will not be produced fast enough to satisfy the plants.

You need to provide nitrate and phosphate (and probably magnesium) to support your light level.

You will (though may be lucky) not get enough flow using both a 900l/hr & duck bill to support a higher light tank.

You will not get enough CO2 with DIY (I assume yeast). Levels will be far too low and variable and not consistent around the tank, as can be seen from suffering plants.

You need to make the decision if you are going high light and high energy and do it properly or reduce to say only 2 tubes (possible even blocking light from these tubes as well) and go low light low energy low ferts low CO2 and hopefully better plants. At the moment you are neither and plants are clearly showing this.

High tech high energy means...
- Bigger filter, at least 2000l/hr flow rate is recomended.
- Spray bar across while width of tank to get decent flow.
- Supplemented by a power head.
- Proper CO2 source ie pressurised on a timer.
- Decent CO2 injection, ie in line diffuser.
- Very high dosing of fertiliser.
- ALL TUBES ON
- 50% water changes weekly.

Low tech low energy means
- OK with current filter.
- Spray bar might help.
- OK with DIY CO2.
- Low dosing of fertiliser, maybe twice a week.
- ONLY 2 TUBES (or less o_O)
- Water changes...whenever.

Attachments

• upload_2018-3-23_8-29-51.png
    upload_2018-3-23_8-29-51.png
    2.7 KB · Views: 72
Back