• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Some advice on my low tech tank?

Jamie williams

Seedling
As above i set this up 2 weeks ago i was hoping to keep it low tech i currently have a 1 single fluval aquasky on it and im giving it 6 hrs light the tank dimensions are 80x40x40 but i have a lot of substrate so its more like 32cm deep
I havent used any ferts yet but ive got tabs and 2 diffrent plant substrates in there what should i add to prevent algae and how do u think it will fair as a low tech set up?
I currently have a chihiros a series light on order and im debating adding co2 is it worth it? Thanks

968810ab0b2c23553cc19f1732d1e3fe.jpg
4e479be9d6d777510bf4c2e7e7d22cfe.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Wow.. I like the way the substrate has been done in clean fashion and also the wave like effect. Driftwood looks awesome. Plant distribution could be altered a bit.
Anyway key to low tech is the light. Think ur lights r 27 watts and it's a 32 gallon tank. I know wpg is crude. But it seems to be ok. Just observe how the tank responds. If the plants start showing signs of not doing well along with algae try lifting the lights up a bit. Otherwise just once a week flourish after the first 3 months (if ur substrate is something like ecocomplete or ADA amazonia u won't have to add ferts for atleast 3 months or in ur case even more )

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Wow.. I like the way the substrate has been done in clean fashion and also the wave like effect. Driftwood looks awesome. Plant distribution could be altered a bit.
Anyway key to low tech is the light. Think ur lights r 27 watts and it's a 32 gallon tank. I know wpg is crude. But it seems to be ok. Just observe how the tank responds. If the plants start showing signs of not doing well along with algae try lifting the lights up a bit. Otherwise just once a week flourish after the first 3 months (if ur substrate is something like ecocomplete or ADA amazonia u won't have to add ferts for atleast 3 months or in ur case even more )

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
Thanks mate there was no scaping i just put plantes everywhere ive got monado ontop with the aqua basis below and the clay fertilizer stuff underneath that i just put loads of plants straight in to try avoid algae .

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Back