• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Solufeed Fe11 DTPA replacing 'TNC IronAT'

LFNfan

Hi All

I'd like to replace my TNC Iron AT with a solution of Solufeed's Fe11 DTPA.

Overall I would like to replicate my current Fe dosing regime which is 3ml of TNC IronAT once a week. This seems to work well for my tank at the moment.

I'd be most grateful for any steers as to how much of the Solufeed product I should weigh into 250ml of RO water to achieve that same amount of Fe weekly. I don't mind if it comes in a dose of 3ml or 5 ml, if that makes things easier to work out.

Many thanks in advance!

I'd be most grateful for any steers as to how much of the Solufeed product I should weigh into 250ml of RO water to achieve that same amount of Fe weekly
To reach the same strength solution as Tnc you'd need to add 22.73g of Fe DTPA 11% to the 250ml of water, this will yield 1ppm of fe for every 1ml dose in 10 ltrs of tank water.

3ml of this per week in a 70 L tank will give you 0.43 ppm Fe.

Only thing I'm not sure of is how stable this solution will be over the 18 months it should last.

That's great - thanks John. :D

In terms of stability, my current TNC is kept under a cloth, but has started to go cloudy. That's after about a year. I think the Fe is still good because new plant growth is decently green.

I have barely made a dent in the TNC bottle, volume-wise, so I'm expecting to refreshing the new batch before it's all used up. Overall it will still be significantly cheaper than buying pre-mixed, after the first year or two. And if I'm getting 1,000g of Solufeed and using 22.73g a year, lets say, that will last me a good long time.

Thanks again for the calculations!

Back