• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Soil collapsed

Albedo 0.39

Seedling
Hi all :)
I would like some help for my new tank please. I have a 2ft cube tank filled and in it's cycling process. The problem is the Denerle scapers soil drifted forward over the Maui Fine sand and i now have a load of soil kinda mixed in with the sand. I have a lot of dwarf hair grass planted (has been for a week now), Is there anyway i could get the sand out and possibly put it back ? Would this do anything to the cycle and would the plants be ok if i messed about with them?

Cheers

The reason it collapsed was when i put my pipe in from the taps ,out came a jet of water and disturbed the soil. It wasn't drenched when i planted all i done was spray it just so the plants didn't dry. That's why it came forward lol.
Would i be okay to take all plants out and replant them?

Cheers

edit. I may try and syphon the sand with soil in it and try and sieve the soil out from the sand. It sounds good in my head but maybe putting it into practice will be a knight-mare :D

Back