• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

So What

ibanezfrelon

15 lit nano.

Substrate is ADA Aquasoil.
Light- 1x15w grolux and 1x15w daylight, both t8 with reflectors.
CO2- diy bottle, difussed over a powerhead that is placed into a big hang on filter.
Plants- brassiliensis, HC , HM, and Eleocharis acicularis.
_mg_4668.jpg

I vote Hawthorne on that wood ;) Whatever it is its nice!

Hi eveyone!
Thanx for your comments!
The wood , i don't actually know what it is, i have found it where the water suplier was digging the road , it's the roots of some tree, don't know what. Probably some oak tree or something.
It's some 3or 4 pieces of root placed close together to look like a tree.
What do you guys think about the plants arrangement? Would you do it differently?

looks great! love the wood, what filter is on there as in having a difficult time choosing one for my nano. HC has spread like crazy by the looks of it, what fertz you got in there?
Really insperational tank, going to follow this one.

FlyingFish!

Hi!
HC realy spreads rapidly.
I think i haven't even added ferts until few days ago when i poured some micros and macros, don't know how much realy, i'm too lazy to measure ml's or ppm's on this small tank.

Good Lord!!! :woot: What are you? You guys are like the Elves!!! Did you sing a magical Eleocharis Song into that tank?!! So much growth in such a short period of time,.......And that with DIY CO2?!!! :wideyed:

It's amazing.

Hey!! Lookie there!!! I am "Hornwort Handful " now!!!!! Just saw that one.

Looks good and what superb growth. The wood you used is really something else. I would do something to ease the transition from HC to hairgrass. Some rocks perhaps? Riccia would look good too, but it will overtake your hairgrass in no time.

Hi, everyone's right, that wood looks the business!
To improve on what is already an excellent tank, I'd add some nice jagged rocks in and around the roots of the wood. And for me the only piece that keeps catching my eye that isn't right, is that piece of wood jutting out at an angle and hitting the surface. I'd personally cut that away, and maybe attach a nana type anubias there that looks like it's growing from around the back of the tree and forward.

Cool tank! :)

Gavin

Thanx everyone for your comments!

Sorry it took time to reply, i have two small children and very little time for the hobby.
I must be honest, i like some of your suggestions like adding some rocks in the wood but i'm kind of playing it safe with this one mainly because the hardscape (the tree) is ''watch me, don't touch me'' :D , it's put together with 4 or 5 little peaces of root and it could be easy messed up.
A little school for me to realy set the hardscape good before planting next time , the problem is time though, i have set this tank in an hour while my kids were sleeping :lol:

A little update..
I've had some problems with the tank. The co2 was turned off for a week and i didn't noticed it because i've had tonns of work. As a result, plants slowed down the growth and some staghorne and bba apeared.
I'm thinking of putting some amano shrimps inside to clean up a bitt but i'm afraid if they will make a mess of the tank as they are quite big.. o_O

Anyway, i want to send this one to IAPLC even though i know it's not that good, but i want to hear the judges comments :D
_mg_4781.jpg

Getting there mate, shame about the co2 mishap. I think yourll be fine with the shrimp, they are fairly big but I've never found them too boisterous or pulling hc of glosso out.

The huge step from hc to tall hairgrass is abit much, maybe trimming the hairgrass will sort it.

Cheers

I was trying to do a photo session the other day. Me not being a very good photographer is obvious :lol:
I placed the lcd monitor behind the tank for a background.
The problem was the light, it was hard avoiding the reflection from the lcd monitor.
Next time i will call my friend who is a pro photographer to do the shoot..
img_6441.jpg

img_6432.jpg

img_6434.jpg

_mg_4802.jpg

_mg_4804.jpg

_mg_4813.jpg

_mg_4815.jpg

I am not an aquascaper at all,....in fact I am not a very succesful aquatic gardener either but I think that light greyish sort of background that you had there in those first 2 pictures in this thread suits best as a background. It gives a very light & dreamy ambience :) Like a grey sky-looks-like-it's gonna- rain sort of feeling,.....y'know?

Not to mention a very pleasing contrast to the plants, soil & that amazing looking "tree trunk".

Faizal

Back