• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Slow Growth advice req

belly259

Hello peeps.

Had my new 125 ltr tank running for around 8 weeks now.

Setup:
Co2 Pressurized injection
Fluval 305 External Filter
Fluval spray bar attached to external filter, full length of rear of tank.
Nano powerhead top right flow running across front diagonally down.

T8 lighting 2 x 24w arcadia bulbs.

Lighting & Co2:
Co2 on 1.5 hours before lights, off hour before lights out.
Lights on for 5 Hours.

Ferts / WC:
Sunday 30-35 % WC
Sun - potassium nitrate 1t/spoon / potassium phosphate Pinch / Mag Sulphate 1T/spoon
Mon - Trace pinch
Tue - potassium nitrate 1t/spoon / potassium phosphate Pinch / Mag Sulphate 1T/spoon
Wed - Trace pinch
Thur - potassium nitrate 1t/spoon / potassium phosphate Pinch / Mag Sulphate 1T/spoon
Fri - rest
Sat - rest.

Can any of you guys see any issues here ????

Not sure wat they are, im a new starter. I will try get a pic for ID.

I have attached some moss to my bog wood but it seems to be brown around where i attached, but green strands coming off ?

380caf97.jpg

8bd0b42f.jpg

047c14f1.jpg

hydricotyle, crytocoryne parva?. that large leaved job with the red undersides does not look like a water plant to me...

bought from local fs, it seems to be surviving. But im not sure u probably know better thn me

darren636 said:
hydricotyle, crytocoryne parva?. that large leaved job with the red undersides ( does not look like a water plant to me...
)
Darren is correct looks non aquatic...wont survive more than a few months it will eventually pollute your aquarium.
Remove it and put in a pot....If the foreground plants is Crypt parva i found it very slow to get established.
Do you have a Co2 drop checker?
hoggie

yes i have a drop checker and its green, but dont think its wat u are saying as when i search internet it doesnt look like it.

Ps which are u saying these are ?

little ones in the front look like cryptocoryne parva. The ones at the back with the wavey leaves looks like hydrocotyle.

definately not the one in the picsture, in the article.

The other ones are hydrocotlye. The ones at front are like grass, but i guess thts not growing as it requires a lot of light rite ???

Hi
If its grass like its probably Sagittarius or Vallisneria.
They don't need a lot of light.
Ive grown them with a t8 18 watt bulb.
Your sand could be the problem no nutrients getting to the root system.
These will grow but it will be like waiting for Hailey's Comet to appear again o_O
You could add root tabs or change the sand for a plant substrate.
hoggie

i thought it may be sand. but i have just setup the tank so it would be a big job to change round now.

U think root tabs would be enough.

will all my plants suffer with just having sand?

Hi
You could up your Co2 a tad...but this could have a detrimental effect on your fish.
You need to be careful if you don't want to gas them.
You could double your fert dosing....do 50% water changes.
Seems your Hydrocotyle is reaching for the surface this is Co2 related.
I have grown all sorts of plants on the surface of the aquarium...but the Co2 dosing has been very high with copious amounts of ferts/trace...so in theory you don't need gravel/sand/substrate.
So your problem is lack of Co2 distribution down towards the plants..this combined with a sand based substrate will not help your plants to flourish...they will grow but they will not look their best.
hoggie

Back