• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

skimmer

I do have a surface skimmer for my new tank, but I still haven't started to build it.
All you need is to increase water surface movement. An air pump did wonders on my nano tank, though.

Healthier plants and air pump are the easier way to remove surface film. Once plants are settled in the film goes away.

I have a ehiem surface skimmer excellent little thing clears scum in no time. Recently brought an ehiem air pump with air curtain that has cleared the surface brilliantly so now I have no more use for surface skimmer.

Thanks all for your replies, I haven't got any plants in it at the moment, I'm unsure if it's dust settling on the surface looking through the light. I have a Jecod copy of a maxspect gyre running but even then it's still settling in places, that isn't going to work when it's planted though as it's too powerful.

Back