• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Size of FEs

Vyncenze

Might be a slightly odd question but can someone with a DIY FE setup tell me how tall their FE/regulator combo is inside the cabinet? Trying to work out what size FE I'll be able to squeeze into the cupboard. I've found some 5kg FEs which are 66cm high, but I imagine the reg adds a fair bit?

Thanks

Regs are connected horizontally on FE not from the top so very little above current FE. Maybe only size of one Gauge.

Thanks for those repies, it gives me a good idea of what the reg will add. My problem is that the cabinet is only 66cm high inside - I need to know the actual height of the fire extinguishers themselves, can anyone with a 2kg or 5kg model measure for me and tell me the total height and model of their FE?

A 5kg with the regulator is 65cm so you just about get it in there, the 2kg is much smaller.

here is my Juwel cabinet that is 67cm high with a 5Kg FE inside:

p1030307.jpg

That's great thanks, just what I was after. That's a properly tight fit, are all the 5kg ones the same height? Nothing for it but to try I guess...

Hi Vyncenze.
I've been investigating this very same subject recently and what I have found out is that they are not all the same height.
It depends on the diameter. The fatter it is, the shorter it is in height. LD has obviously got the larger diameter because some I have looked at are 680mm tall without the regulator fitted :wideyed: which I couldn't fit into my cabinet :( .
LD, you put me to shame. I wish my cabinets were as tidy. :lol:

Back