• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Single Stage Reg Pressure Drop

sonicninja

Hi everyone,
I've just got a new single stage regulator with single gauge(like the one pictured). I attached my sodastream adapter and bottle last night and although the needle valve is closed the pressure has dropped very slowly over night. Is this indicative of a leak?
As I understand it the gauge on a reg like this displays cylinder pressure (remaining gas contents?) so unless the pressure does settle over time then should I be checking again for a leak?
Thanks everyone
IMG_0900.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The pressure inside CO2 bottles depends on the amount of liquid and gas in it. While it has liquid, the pressure will stay the same, since the liquid will expand into gas and maintain the pressure. When the liquid runs out and you're left with only gas, then the pressure starts to come down, since there is nothing there to compensate...

With sodastream bottles, the pressure should stay at around 750 until they are almost empty.

This means you probably have a leak... and a big one!

Wouldn't a big co2 leak be noticeable, as in ice where the leak is? Does the cylinder have a valve? Have you closed it?

Enviado do meu HUAWEI GRA-L09 através de Tapatalk

Thanks chaps. I have already done a washing up liquid bubbles check with no sign of a leak. The pressure has now rested at about 750 having been at 800 when first attached to the reg. Maybe the initial pressure needed a while to settle down..? I've got some shaving foam today so I'll check with for leaks with that later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
Back