• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Short dark algae on valis and crypt

malawistu

Hello there I have a 70l planted tank that has been running really well for the last 6 month since setup but now I have a short dark algae growth on the edge of the leafs of my valis and one of my crypts the tank is
70l
0.9 ml of tnc + per day
Filtered by a fluval 205 with spray bar
1000 lph power head
30l water change every week
Lit by a tmc 1000 hd grobeam 11.00am till 9.30pm
Co2 1dps all time drop checker reads 20 ppm

Can anyone help with what this is and how I may go about getting rid of it

Sent from my miPhone using my fingers

Re: Short dark algae on valis and crypt

most likely blue black algae I've got it too in my completely neglected 3 footer

ottos and flying foxes (c.siamenses) should eat it I've just let mine though as I cba fixing it it causes no harm and the tank is really just a neglected breeding tank anyway :)

Re: Short dark algae on valis and crypt

easy carbo isn't particularly liked with vallis normally to treat algae with it (excel too) you'd take the plant out of the water or drain enough water so its out and spot dose the liquid carbon onto the plant its self using a syringe or other method. however... most vallis will quickly die with high dose liquid carbon like that so instead i'd suggest the immediate clear up is trim the vallis and the crypt leafs infected down/off and then try to work out what caused the algae in the first place.

the usual suspects are too much light, not enough nutrients for the plants.

Back