• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

SHop brought Co2 kit

I haven't used one, but Ive seen it and it looks like a good bit of kit. However, what size tank are you planning to use it on? If its anything more than 10lt, yes ten liters, than it's going to cost you a fortune to replace the cylinders as they are only 95g and I use 600g of co2 in 5 weeks on my 60lt tank. If you do want a kit this small, there are several cheaper knock offs on fleabay that would be worth a look.

This kit is pretty compact and would work on bigger tanks and would cost about the say :)

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=7696

Sam

EDIT - if you do get this kit, I'd be very interested in the thread size, if it fitted disposable cylinders, it'd be a very good kit indeed.

shame, erdington aquatics had it set up on a tank in there shop which is about the same size as mine :(

I very much don't that its giving the tank enough CO2. Either that or its a low light tank, in which case the co2 level doesn't need to be nearly as high, so they can get away with a very low bubble rate and make the cylinder last much longer.

Where they measuring the co2 level in that shop tank in anyway that you could see?

Unfortunately is sounds like an example of a shop not really understanding what they are selling.

Sam

no they weren't. Any shop brought kits with refillable cyclinders out there good enough for a 80 - 90 litres tank that are not too expensive? My tank is rather well planted and has a 20 watt t-8 24" 1" light in it? I really don't want to go down the route of DIY.

ianheath said:
I really don't want to go down the route of DIY.

Why not, its no different to getting a shop kit, which you'll have to assemble when you first get in anyway :) Either of these kits would work, but the FE based one would be cheaper in the long run.

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=7696

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=266&p=1515#p1515

If you do want a shop kit, any system that's based on a refillable co2 cylinder should be fine, most shops sell the JBL kit which uses 500g cylinders.

Sam

Back