• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Shhhhh please!

samboco

I have my tank set up in the corner of my living room, I have an eheim 2075 with spray bar but the noise of the water returning to the tank is driving the missus demented. I tried having the spray bar below the water level but soon had a near disaster. not enough surface agitation and hence not enough gases exchange soon saw my fish gasping for air so the set up had to be returned to its original state.

Does anybody have an suggestions for a super quiet set up?
cheers

I run high CO2 and enough light with enough plants to produce plenty of oxygen with very little water agitation. Plants always bubble like crazy. Never seen any fish gasping.

Radik said:
I run high CO2 and enough light with enough plants to produce plenty of oxygen with very little water agitation. Plants always bubble like crazy. Never seen any fish gasping.

Ditto. Never had a problem.
Id do what themelous recommends and just knock the co2 down a notch if you want to but the spray bar below water level.

OK, cheers folks. Gonna try and extend my spray bar along the length of my tank (rather than then breadth) and mess about with the positioning of it and also my CO2 rate.

Has anybody knocked up a DIY bar extension? any tips and recommendations for sourcing appropriate pipe?

Try the fluval spray bars come in packs of 2 and a nice smokey Grayson rather than eheim puke green
Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

samboco said:
OK, cheers folks. Gonna try and extend my spray bar along the length of my tank (rather than then breadth) and mess about with the positioning of it and also my CO2 rate.

Has anybody knocked up a DIY bar extension? any tips and recommendations for sourcing appropriate pipe?

Tyrophagus' DIY spraybar

That's a very good guide if you have a read through regarding making your own spraybar.

Back