• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Shallow Iwagumi

jon32

Hi guys
Haven't posted in a while but got the aquascaping bug again so I'm back with an iwagumi inspired by Mr Amano's nature aquarium complete works.

I started the scape off as dry start and then things got busy so dry start went on for 2 months or so.

Tank is a dooa 60f with dragon stone.
Plants I've used are some hc, mini hairgrass, Lilaeopsis Brasiliensis, glosso, h tennellum plus the red variety (just planted that) might add some normal hairgrass at the back.
Cheers Jon
DSC_5313.JPG DSC_5268.JPG DSC_5142.JPG DSC_5132.JPG

Very nice. Very nice size and shape. I'm thinking about a new setup with a UNS 60S, which I think is similar dimensions.

Thank you. Dimensions for this tank are 60x30x18 cm.
Cheers

Hi everyone, here's update on the tank.
Added some red cherry shrimp from another tank.
H. Tenellum is getting going nicely now.
Added some riccardia, so stopped adding excel. Dosing brighty k, mineral and started adding iron daily.

Forgot to mention at the beginning of the journal but the soil used is Tropica normal and powder.

Equipment used:
Light - Chihiros rgb 60. Started at 70% for 8hrs with 1hr of that ramping up and 1hr down. Starting to increase intensity each week.
Filter - oase biomaster thermo 100 with
Seachem matrix.

Trimmed the Cuba again today and installed new pipes with surface skimmer.
Added one stone at the back as the one back there was almost hidden.
Doing two 15l water changes a week for now.
DSC_5352.JPG

Cheers Jon.

Incredible tank 🤩

Are you going to add any fish soon?

What soil do you use? That dry start looked great!

Thanks! Yes the dry start went great but I put some spring tails in so no mold issues. It's the first time using spring tails for dry start-great little critters.
Not sure about fish really cos it's a small tank but I might get some panda gara soon and the move them out to another tank if they get to big.
I used 3L bag Tropica normal grain size on the bottom and then the powder type over the top.
Cheers Jon

Update pic. Tank going good. Added 6 very small cpd's.. very shy at the moment still settling so didn't manage to coax them out for pic but they look gorgeous.
Added some more small pieces of dragon stone as pic 1 (before) looked like it was missing something at the base of the rocks.
I'm going enter into iaplc for the first time with it. I'm not expecting an amazing rank, just a bit of fun.
Cheers

Before
_20230504_211350.JPG

After
_20230509_214507.JPG

Back