• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Setting up Planted tank

• Thread starter Thread starter ade
  • Start date Start date

ade

Seedling
Hi

Hopping to set up planted tank with some help I have rio180 tank at the moment that I could use but hopping to have Vsion 260 from tonight if the price would be right 😉 , I have been reading few forums now and just trying understand everything and how it works with plants, I run my tropical tank for about 5 years and don't have problem but I just love green anyway, so I have few question lets start from the substrate which is the best for planted or anyone could recomend, lights: longest I fit T5 bulbs would this be ok? , not sure yet how to go with CO2 system doing the expensive way of getting JBL system or going with cheaper option and using Fire Extinguisher but I will have 5 years old child around the tank always so need to do more reading, plants: no idea which ones to get any sugestion?

So if anyone want to give me some advice/help your welcome before I screw things up :thumbup:

Welcome to the planted side 🙂

There are a great many substrates, it really depends on your budget, how much are you willing to spend?

Lighting - 2xT5 bulbs should be fine 🙂

CO2 - Dont be scared of FE's, if needs be just tie or fix it to something to hold it in place. A DIY FE system will save you £100's of pounds.

Plants - just see what you like! Tropica is a great site for deciding what you might want http://www.tropica.com/home.aspx

Hope that helps.

Sam

Back