• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Sensations of Red - close to finish images

That's very kind of you Pedro, if a little generous.

The 60 is my testing tank, I hope to better understand how the plants react to different ferts, light and other environmental factors. I'm no Tom Barr but it's quite interesting to see what happens with changes.... Albeit nothing at the moment! Super red reds are my goal at the moment... Two LED tiles should make a difference?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's very kind of you Pedro, if a little generous.

The 60 is my testing tank, I hope to better understand how the plants react to different ferts, light and other environmental factors. I'm no Tom Barr but it's quite interesting to see what happens with changes.... Albeit nothing at the moment! Super red reds are my goal at the moment... Two LED tiles should make a difference?!

Ian, I took some time to get two pictures from my ADA60P (not the same aquarium i showed on the other post) from this plant (i usual don't use the same plants on both aquariums but this time i've done it).

The pictures are not great but i tried not to change the colors. So photoshop was only used for cropping and resizing.
I think that my colors are really those on the picture.

Is this what you are looking for or even more red?
(this plant only have +- 3 weeks).

to-forum-ludw-utopia1.jpg

to-forum-ludw-utopia2.jpg

That's a wonderful red! Well, all the reds I've seen in this thread are incredible and I would love to have them in my tank!!!!

If you limit NO3, you end up with yellowing in some of the faster growing green plants. Why? You have less Chlorophyll.
This reduction in N means the pyrrol rings are limiting that Chl a and Chl b use.

So you have less green pigment masking the red pigments, but.............you anemic green plants, and to a lesser degree, red plants that do not do as well.
There's a trade off with this method we learned long ago, but few listen.

I just grow the plants and let the colors form as they do.
Works well for me.

[quote="Hey antoni, hope your well fella. The 'ugly ducking' seems to be a my theme. Hope the next one turns out well.[/quote]

Don't be shy, the ugly ducking is a very nice scape ;)

Regarding the reds... I think it is mainly up to high intensity of light and adequate fertilisation and CO2. Just about to face the same challenge with my new scape.... o_O

wow lol that is impressive mate :eek: very dense healthy plants

If I may say about ludwigia sp. red, I'd say this ludwigia is not very high demanding in terms of light intensity, but more about nutrients. Looking at your pictures of beginning of Jan, I'd say you had some lack of nutrients. In my observations, red plants really go red and crimson when a lot of NPK + additional P, plus a lot of Fe are given regularly

11454514784_45ca361983_n.jpg
DSC04279 by bialix1, on Flickr

8627914154_7b42caaa41_n.jpg
Center fragment by bialix1, on Flickr

Back