• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Seeking recommendations for effective in tank co2 diffuser.

Fran

Hi all, am collecting equipment for my new project and am looking for a good quality in tank diffuser. Needs to have a good dissolve capability i.e. small bubbles and be a glass type. Don't like the look of bazookas etc. Might go for an do!aqua one but they are very expensive. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

For a 350 litre tank I wouldnt use anything other than an in-line up atomizer or a reactor. If you still want an in-tank, then the bazooka ones are most efficient. Glass ones generally generate bigger bubbles except maybe a rhinox 5000?. I havent really used glass ones so maybe someone else can add a bit on good glass difusers.

Thanks guys. Think I'll go ahead and purchase a bazooka.

But... a Bazooka won't be as efficient as an inline atomizer or reactor. It will cost more in the long run if you buy a bazooka, you'll need to use more CO2. Spend an extra £5-£10 and get an inline!

Think of it Frank. With an inline atomizer the flow going through the pipe chops the bubbles before they become too big. Its very simple but very very efficient. Try and put your in tank diffuser right in front of an outflow. Youll see many micro bubbles which can reach the plant much easier..

Thanks guys. Was just concerned about the reduction in flow if using an inline plus the added hasstle of taking an inline off to clean it etc.

There's no reduction of flow with inline diffusers. The hassle of cleaning them is less frequent than in tank diffusers (bazookers) as they aren't exposed to light.

I see. Am now looking at the new Up inline which it appears come apart to allow easy cleaning. I did use the old model for a while and found it quite good. I may stick with the inline option. Just wanted to try the in tank ones for a change. I think I have viewed Takishi Amano's videos once too often.

I see. Am now looking at the new Up inline which it appears come apart to allow easy cleaning. I did use the old model for a while and found it quite good. I may stick with the inline option. Just wanted to try the in tank ones for a change. I think I have viewed Takishi Amano's videos once too often.
In tank ones do work of course as Amano has proven. But look at his surface movement, its virtually 0 istnt it? So there are many things at play with co2. So youd need to aerate the tank through the nigh.

Back