• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Product Review Seeds from ebay

Iain mlaren

So i purchased some seeds from ebay. Ive seen many people buying seeds from ebay and them turning out to be something completly different to what they wanted. This sounded quite interesting like a lucky dip haha. So i brought some that are advertised as eriocaulon Ratonagiriuni. They arrived yesterday.

These are tiny seeds and slightly red which is what i expected. (So are alot of other seeds) they also came with a mixed pack that i haddent order. Could be interesting.

So as you can see ive planted the in jbl soil with a tub of water and lid 400 tmc tile above. These say 3-4weeks to germinate. If they turn out to be the real deal great cant buy them this cheap but i very much doubt it. I will keep posted on my findings.

Does anyone no if i could try potting these and hanging them on the side of the tank? Maybe try this with some of the seeds left over. I ordered 15 but there must be atleast 40 including the "mixed" bag.

20170430_132605.jpg
20170430_132804.jpg
20170430_132728.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Good luck! They're very cute. I've tried growing 4 types of erios from seed. 3 germinated pretty quickly with two coming out at 5 days but none survived. On my second batch now. Hope some will make it.

So the seeds you got were legit? Hmm interesting. Were yours from ebay?

Cheers progen. I will follow with interest. So yours have germinated this second time? Just trying to keep them alive?

So 7 days in and ive seen 1 shoot today hopefully there are some more to follow in the next few days. Still unsure if its what was advertised but it does look like it. I tried getting a picture but its just way to small so will have to wait a few more days for that. Will update on progress soon

I now have around 6 germinated eriocaulon. Im still asuming this is what they are and no garantees. They are still to small to take a photo of so hopefully by next week they will be big enough for there photo shoot

Now 14 days on and i have around 17 seeds germinated from my original 15 i ordered?? Theres still some i can see that hasnt germinated aswel so thats a bonus. They do seem to be what i ordered supprisingly. I was ecpecting grass or something. It still could be that though i suppose. I will try again to get some photos but no garantee as there still tiny. I will do an ro water change on them tommorow. Fingers crossed they survive.

Can just about make out the little shoots

Well its growing that for sure. Lol. As for being mc im not so sure lol. I think mine is what i was told. Very slow growing and growing in the shape id expect. I have around 24 shoots now. Around about 5mm ling id say and this is 17days in lol

20 days in and some have started to shoot a second leaf. I would defo say they are eriocaulon. No garantee on species yet though. Dissapointing in a way i was looking forward to a lucky dip lol. Seems i got what i actually wanted.

Ive planted the "mixed" freebee bag of seeds today so hopefully in 5-6 days i will see those appearing. Heres the latest pictures.

The round pot is original batch and triangle pot on the right is the mixed batch.
e8de2809c1dd7227dc2bea90fc126de4.jpg
fe8dca41c8952165f5fb5a79057c1591.jpg

Lol cheap easy and comes with free yogurt haha. Great for tiny seeds and plants. Hc was what had floated up in the tank so stuffed it in there lol. Growing nicely under a tmc 500tile

Unlike the poor light proporgator in the shed lol

Both pots are growing fine. The new pot of mixed seeds seems to be growing alot faster. Must be a faster growing eriocaulon. They are almost as big as the originals already. I have high light on these for 14hrs a day so it must be just the speed they grow at. I was hoping to divide some and pot them in my tank but they are just to small at the moment to go in. Heres some pictures
12a483634cc04ff3459f35c46ab013af.jpg
b841f49889654f30e5264c0473658375.jpg

They taking sooo long. No wonder they cost so much to buy. Have to keep them a year before they can be sold

Heres my mc seeds which were planted 26th April, just flooded it last week.

d97a5c3a654eccb181b8f47c0d410efd.jpg

be767ce9e49b7153fe2c7f8fe7ca4e23.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back